Total Pageviews

Friday 25 May 2018

Acorn evening sprint

I had a bit of running around to do during the day , so this three hour evening bash was just about right, Judith finished work a bit early so she came along which is always nice, picked Jason up and got to the fishery with about 15 minutes to spare, so time for a bit of a chat, Matt culpin was in attendance and offered a quid side bet, rude not to I think, it did give me chance to explain to him that it's not penalty points he needs to be fishing for in the UK champs though. LOL.
Into the ball bag of doom, and out comes 40, definitely not a peg I would have chosen as in the main it has been a hard peg, even with it being a bridge peg, I did check all around the swim just to check Bob gullick was hiding somewhere.
Only had 6mm hard pellets for feed and some 8,s for the band, it doesn't pay to have to many options on these short matches, it pays to fish in a way you are confident, and I like my pellet fishing , and on the whole carp love pellets.
So only two rigs, one for the left on a topkit length by the bridge, and another for the far side in about 10 inches of water, and the same rig would do for the right hand margin, I drew next to mr culpin so I could keep an eye on my quid at least, looking across at the island I was looking at the back of Brian slipper on peg 4, which is a peg I fancied.
At the start I fed some pellets into each margin, but began on the far bank, hoping the carp would turn up in the margins in the  last half of the match, then went across to the far side feeding quite heavily via a catty .
It took about 15 minutes to get the first fish, and looking round , no one was getting many , and that was pretty much the evening panned out for most, it was a bit of a struggle, but I was catching odd fish from the far side so stuck with it for most of the match, I did try the margins a few times , but only had one carp and one crucian, strange really as the margins are normally your banker towards the end of the match,  it not today for most, the only person to get some from the edge was Chris fox on peg 35 who caught on worm over groundbait.
By the end I had clicked 65lb ,  it I do tend to over clock a bit so was hoping for just over 60, when the scales for to me Brian slipper was top with 59lb, so I was not surprised to weigh 71lb , those fish are a bit plumper than I thought, may was next to weigh, oh no he wasn't as he had snuck back his two carp, oh well going large again on the way home, thanks matey.
Chris fox was next up, and had 76lb , those margin fish were a bit bigger than he thought, and he was one fish away in his net from losing his net, so at the end Chris won , I was second and brian slipper was third, but won the silvers with about 9lb,
So not to bad then, except it rained for the whole match,  it it wasn't cold, should I really mention that Matt had first and second either side, to late !!!! John Howell was sat behind him all night looking for a few tips, I'm sure I heard him snoring at one stage.
Weigh sheet below. And I got to say , matt took the banter really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment