Total Pageviews

Sunday 27 May 2018

Float only league rnd 1

After a good breakfast at Landsend fishery cooked by Di and served up by olive, (4.9),me and Jason took the 20 minute drive to viaduct for this first match in the series, it was sold out again , apart from  one person cancelling in the week, but I will get a reserve in for the matches , so no drama.
40 fishing , so split between Campbell and cary, I must admit I feel I am due a day on Campbell, I let Gabe skarba draw for me and he handed me 116, I thought he said he couldn't draw, well not for himself, he was on cary 99.
Got to my peg , and I do have to say it is one of the better ones on the lake as 117 isn't normally put in.

I had Clayton Hudson to my right on 118, and the quiet man Paul faiers on 115, my section ran from me round to 123 , so in all fairness mine was potentially the best peg in the section,
I set up four rigs today, a pellet rig for up and down at 14mtrs, a pellet rig for on the deck at 6 mtrs, and a margin rig for pellet down to my right  , it did look proper sexy mind, and it's a bit of a banker for late in the match.
At the start I began at 14 mtrs on the  deck, it took about 10 minutes to get the first fish, but it was going to be a tough day , no problem getting bites , mostly liners , so foulers were a bit of a problem for everyone I could see, tried shallow but no good, couldn't get a bite shallow, but get back on the deck, and foulers again, I tried coming off the deck to see if that's how they wanted it, but never had a bite doing that, so back down again, I was getting odd fish , but was going nowhere to be honest, I did get one fish shallow, and it was my best fish at about 12lb, the short pole line never have me a fish, and I had to wait until the last 90minutes for the margin to start responding , then it was quite busy right to the end, if not a bit hair raising at times, a proper bit of hit,  hold and pull fishing, only one  piece of kit for this type of fishing , and it's the drennan acolyte carp margin pole , strong as you like, giving me plenty of confidence to pull as hard as I liked. I also invested in one of the new acolyte 3.6 mtr net handles, ideal for netting these bigger fish a bit further out when they pop up, again very strong .
I had 160 lb on the clicker so was pleased  to be fairly close as I weighed in 171lb , for the section win and 4th on the day, so a good start.
 Top  weight on the day went as I expected on peg 81, to Craig Edmunds,even he admitted his peg was black when he got there, and it was, as I had a chat with him before the start , and there were blows and fish all over his peg, but you still need to catch them, and as we know he is more than capable of doing that, so when he put 316lb on the scales, I wasn't to suprised, well done trig.
Weigh sheets below 


No comments:

Post a Comment