Total Pageviews

Friday 11 May 2018

Over 55,a huntstrete

After breakfast with Judith , who wasn't able to come with me today as she had some housework to catch up on, it was the 15 minute drive to the fishery, soon done and the kit was out of the van and ready for the draw.
Got early into the draw bag as I was doing the recording again today, out comes 18, just at the bottom of the slope behind the van, so a nice short walk, it's not been very good at this end of the lake for quite a while now, but the wind has been blowing Thursday for a while now, so I was optimistic, it looks nice though.
A nice view looking up the lake from the slope down to the swim.
For company I had league organiser and very old person , Chris Rolf on 19, and opposite on 16 was the very sociable Bristol rovers fan, Dave gillard.
I had two good margins to go at , to the left was a nice bush which comes out quite a wag giving a lot of cover with two foot of water under it right to the bank.
The right hand side gave me a long margin going into the corner, but you can only go 11 mtrs down as there is a rope across the lake to stop you getting to close to a fish refuge !!!! The club have sunken into the lake.
The right hand margin  rig also did for fishing 16 mtrs to the far side,
I also set up a silver,s rig for 5 and 11 mtrs, it was a 1g rig , a bit heavier than I would normally use but with  the wind blowing from all angles I went for a bit of stability.
Mr Rolf blew his whistle to get us underway, I fed a ball of groundbait on the 5 and 11 mtr lines with some worm and caster in. Then fed some pellet to the bush to the left , and down the margin to my right at 11 mtrs, and some across to the  far bank.
I started on the 11 mtr line and had a couple of handsize skimmers in two put ins, ok start, then I  couldn't get a bite, I started on maggot, so I switched to a big bit of dendra, and was rewarded with three better skimmers of about a pound, I was happy with that, but again no more bites, by now Dave opposite was dropping a steady stream of f1,s in his net from the island opposite him, which is a comfy 11 mtrs away.
I had a few more skimmers by switching between the two silvers line, but as with everyone else, the silvers didn't want to settle, probably  down to recent spawning activities.
I did get a couple of carp from the right hand margin towards the end of the third hour, also an f1 from the far side, but that was my only bite  from the far bank, also the left hand margin which looked the best drew a blank.
I managed a few more skimmers from the short line, upping the loose feed here certainly seemed to help, I had a few more small carp down the right , also losing one around the refuge and another which totally did me in the marginal reeds, hey ho.
But I was pleased with the result as I had over 19lb of silvers which also included a tench, for a total of over 59lb, I thought Dave had easily won it but was surprised as he weighed 61lb, and Paul Barney barnfield on 14 won the silvers with just short of 22lb, so well done to those 2, as it turned out our end of the lake fished the best, so I think the wind probably did shift them a bit, also the new f1,s seemed to favouring the shallow water around the islands, but second was ok , weigh sheets below.




No comments:

Post a Comment