Total Pageviews

Thursday 21 June 2018

Thursday over 55,s huntstrete

Back on bridge pool again for this one, but not until I had stopped at the Toby inn for breakfast, ideal.
Got to the car park at the lakes to find 23 fishing which is about as many as you need here to be honest, got into the draw bag early, hoping for an island swim as the carp and f1,s seem to want to be in the shallow water at the moment.
Wasn't upset to see 14 disc looking up at me, an island swim, but a full 17.5 mtrs again, I'm going to have arms like Arnie at this rate, I had Dave Poole to my left on 15 and Bob "the bread" price to my right . And a tree above my head which needs a definite prune.
Only three rigs today, a .8 as5 for silvers at 11mtrs and 4 mtrs as it's the same depth, and a couple of pellet rigs for the island, one for 16.5 mtrs in about 3 foot of water and the other 17.5 mtrs for  close to the isalnd, at the start I cupped in some groundbait at 4 and 11 mtrs just with a few casters in, and began firing 6,s to the island,
I started on the 4 mtr line but only small roach seemed to be  there , so I went out to 11 mtrs, and had a couple of small f1,s plus a couple of skimmers, the silvers didn't want to play ball by the seem of things, as no one as far as I could see was catching much, I have it over an hour trying to catch silvers , but to no avail, so it was over to the island on the 16 mtr line, catching f1,s and small carp, we have to stop after three hours to weigh the carp and return them, so I was quite pleased to put 37lb on the scales at this time , and with plenty of fish in the shallow water against the island I fully expected much of the same in the second half. This must be one of the most unfriendly long pole swims I have fished for a long time, there is a big wooded bank close behind you meaning you have to pass the pole back with your arms stretched above your head, trying at the same time to control an angry carp on the other end, certainly a proper workout for your arms, but sore now.
I have it ten minutes at the start of the second half on the silvers line as there was a bit of fizzing going on, I had a  tweIve ounce skimmers and a small f1, and that was it, so the rest of the match was spent pumping iron to the isalnd, starting at 16.5 mtrs and I had a few more small carp and f1,s, but it was quiet, so I had to go the extra painful mtr , and started catching more carp including my biggest fish of the day at about 10lb, by the end I new I had more than the first half , and I did as my second half net went 50lb ish , and with my few silvers I ended up with 92.15 which was enough for first on the day, and Paul haines was second again with 70 something on peg 28 , catching mainly f1,s on the method, and top silvers went to Steve Dawson again with 16lb from peg 21.
As normal the weigh sheets are below, also I still have a couple of spaces for Landsend on Sunday, msg or txt me if you fancy it.



No comments:

Post a Comment