Total Pageviews

Thursday 8 November 2018

Thursday over 55,s, huntstrete bridge pool

Earlier draw now the clocks have gone back, 8.45, so the toby may have cut it a bit fine so I dropped into my local cafe in belland,(careful spelling on that one) drive, a bacon and egg stick to go then it was , and it was ok, I don't have a scale for that so no score.
Got to the fishery and found 20 fishing, so that was ok. Good to see Chris Rolf back at the helm for today, got quite early into the draw and out comes disc 9, so I had a bit of a moan as it's not usually in, but you never know .
It's got an island in front but it's 25  mtrs to it, so really it would be a lead chuck as the wind was fairly strong and from all angles,
As it's a flat bottom lake with little or no silt, I only set up two rigs, one to fish banded pellet at 14 mtrs , a4.x14 , and the other a .6g for maggot or soft pellet at 11 and 14 mtrs, for.company I had Dave gillard.to my right on 8, and Pete Turner to my left on 11.
At the start I cupped in on two lines at 11 mtrs, to my right with caster in the groundbait, and to the left with some micros in, then out at 14 mtrs I fed hard 4,s to the right and again groundbait and micros to the left, I won't be mentioning the long lines again as although I had several goes over them, I couldn't raise a bite, even on maggot, very strange. I had  all of the action on the two 11 mtr lines, I could get bites on the caster and groundbait line, but not a twitch over the micro and groundbait, so I changed that to caster aswell towards the end and had skimmers on each line, not the bigger skimmers.that you need for a good weight, and I probably only had two over a pound, and it was never busy, but I was getting enough indications and bites to keep me interested, I lost a few  foulers where the fish were well Off bottom, by the end I new I was well into double figures but not sure as to how much, Mike nicholls on 6 thought he may have 30lb of silvers aswell as three carp, so it looked as though he was going to win both today, and he did as his silvers went 25lb and his three carp went 15 lb giving him a smidge over 40lb, so well done to him.
My silvers.went just over 19lb, and I had one small carp and an f1 to give me 22lb . Maggot was.The best bait today , I did find it weird that I couldn't catch over any of the pellet lines, perhaps it was to clear, to cold, or there were  no pellet fish in the swim, who nows. And it was typical that I moans about the peg then do ok off it, Fairplay Chris for ignoring me lol.,  I got first in the silvers by default, so that was ok, thanks mike.
The lakes have certainly.gone clear, making some areas very.difficult, anywhere up past the top island didn't seem the place to be, there were no skimmers at that end today that's for sure, most up at that end only caught small roach, or odd carp. Although it was share , most people seem to enjoy the challenge, and looking at other cost cutter results today other venues fished hard aswell, out weigh sheets are below.


Off to Stafford moor for a week  from saturday with judith, can't wait .

No comments:

Post a Comment