Total Pageviews

Monday 19 November 2018

Viaduct silvers league round 4

After a really enjoyable week away at Stafford moor with Judith , it was back to what has become a proper grind for me, the viaduct silvers league, I normally ok at this sort of thing, but this year i have had some at best poor draws,capped off last round sitting on peg 80, but good or bad I'm always there, being a league organiser I know how hard and annoying it can be to find reserves, but saying that as long as the person not fishing funds the reserve I it's not a problem, it saying that it pays to fish these hard matches as it can only serve to make you better as there are always a.little something to be learnt. On my own today so I dropped into the cross keys at lydford for breakfast, again very nice with quality ingredients, 4.8.
Got to viaduct and got into the first half of the draw queue, hoping to hear someone pulling out peg 80, I couldn't beat another day there, into the tin , open up the ticket, and yes you may well have guessed it, peg 80 looking back at me, much merriment from the queue, on the plus side at least it made Roland Lucas smile for the second time this weekend, glad to have helped, !!!!!.
I stumbled off to the peg muttering and moaning to all who cared.to listen, even those who didn't care I made.then listen LOL. At least the peg looked nice in all its autumn glory, and it did produce the lakes silvers.winner in Thursday with 18lb, but with the sudden drop in temps I didn't in all fairness expect a repeat performance.
Well I won't be waxing lyrical about my day, even though I did better than the last match, it was hard to string more than a few bites together on the pole lines, I fed caster by the spit and a caster and groundbait line, both at 14 mtrs, I set up a light feeder rod to fish a small feeder to fish beyond the end of the spit,
At the start I fed the pole lines but started on the feeder, a small roach first drop, meant cast, then two  hand size skimmers, then nothing, so into the pole after 45 minutes, a few.small roach then nothing, so the match was spent rotating around the two pole lines and the feeder, oh yes and of course the hell coot arrived and mopped up my casters I had been lovingly putting in along the spit, but I did manage.to forcibly convince it that my.peg was.not the place to be, so it went to my right to do the same.to Brendan curry and Paul Greenwood who were on 78 and 77 and the copy was was loving there casters .
I did get three better skimmers on the feeder and four handsize ones and with my smattering of small roach I weighed 9.11 for third in section, Paul Greenwood won the section with 14lb and Clint wojtyla had 11 lb from peg 85, so I was fairly happy with the result, Sam Powell won the match from lodge lake with 24lb so well done to him, and John fuidge won his section again on 125 to be winning the league, so well done john, keep it up. Top weights and overalls below.
Landsend winter.league starts.next week, and I'm looking forward to that, as it's still a favourite venue of mine, and the breakfast is always tops, I think there are still a couple of spaces so if you fancy a go , let Ken rayner, me. Or Mike at the fishery know.

No comments:

Post a Comment