Total Pageviews

Thursday 29 November 2018

Ron stark silver,s league

Shiplate farm for this one again, and with winds allegedly going to be gusting to 50mph, it's was never going to be easy, so after.a sandwich stop in my local cafe it was off down to the fishery, no real surprise to find only 12 fishing, but it's a series and it's all to play for, even though I have missed one, Ron decided to use West pool today, as the wind was due to go westerly so it would give us a bit of shelter, the choice didn't please everyone, including me to a certain extent,  but by the end Ron was going to be vindicated for his choice. Into the draw first and put comes peg 4, in the narrows (13mtrs), and as I have never fished for silvers on this lake I never really had a clue, but I know the lake holds a good head of skimmers, roach and quite a few.chub, with an occasional tench and crucian.
For company I had Ron stark to left and Keith Fisher to my right, I only set up two rigs, a .4g wire stem jobby to fish at three, six and 11 mtrs, with mainly caster over groundbait, and a .3g as4 to fish for chub (hopefully) against the far side.
I fed.all lines , groundbait on the short and longer line , caster on the middle line, and some.caster and maggot against.The far bank.
I started short with a caster on the hook, no bites, and I could see others catching from the start, including Ron to my left, only small fish, but catching non the less, on with a maggot  and small roach began to attach themselves.to it, I switched back to caster, and began getting slightly better roach, then I had a couple of reasonable skimmers, and by loosefeeding a few.casters and introducing odd walnut size balls of groundbait, the roach and small to moderate size skimmers kept.coming, after.a couple of hours the short line died,   but by swapping between the two longer lines I kept getting a few, and I did get one of about 2lb, so happy days, even the wind died down so it was quite pleasant, the last hour was hard with only 2 skimmers and a handful of roach, but by the end I thought I would have about 20lb, so was pleased.to weigh 23lb+ to win the section and be top weight on the day, to be fair it fished well all through, so as I said at the start , Ron was totally vindicated for switching it from the main lake.
The weigh sheet is below as normal, this weekend it's off to viaduct for another round of the silvers league, Judith is coming this week to draw for me , cos she can't draw any worse than peg 80, can she !!!!.
then I have got a day.Off next Tuesday and I'm going to fish covey lake in a knockup, it's a new fishery being run by Tom thick, so that should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment