Total Pageviews

Monday 3 December 2018

Viaduct silvers league round 5

The weather was going to be ok today , and as it's been unseasonably mild I thought it may fish of , especially as the wind had gone South westerly aswell.
Judith came with me today to try and draw me a good peg, we stopped off at the cross keys again for another nice breakfast made with proper sausages, mmm.
Still got to the fishery in plenty of time, but we still ended up over halfway back in the queue, but she drew me a nice peg in the shape of 87, not necessarily a winning peg but a peg where a few bites are guaranteed, for company I had Alvin Jones on my right and Nige Easton to my left, skimmers were the main target today with perhaps a bonus tench or perch if I was lucky, only.two pole rigs todat, a .4g bulked and a .3g spread rig. I thought about the way but binned that as the wind had a bit to much South in it and it would blow it back at me, and I should perhaps had a few chucks on the feeder, but chose not to.
I decided on two slots to go at, one at 11mtrs slightly to my right and another at 13mtrs slightly to my left, both in white water, cos as those of you who know the lake will know it's nigh on impossible to see the float it the sun comes out of the wind puts a ripple on the water, at the start I cupped in two balls of groundbait with some casters and a few squats on each line, in hindsight probably a bit to negative, Alvin out in 5 balls to my right , and Nigel just a couple, but started on the feeder,
The sun was out so Judith was happy, and it was very.pleasant. First drop at 11mtrs and a small roach into the net, followed by a couple more, then two handsize skimmers, then nothing , Alvin started slowly but was soon catching small.skimmers over his more positive approach, I tried the 13 mtr line, and was met with the same.response, it soon became apparent that I had been to negative, (I think).also Nigel had pulled ahead of me aswell as he caught a few slightly better skimmers on the tip. I tried forcing it a bit , which helped a bit but but on numbers of fish Alvin was always ahead, also Gary o,Shea over on 96 which is the end peg in the section had begun to catch well, I did manage a couple of better fish which kept me in the hunt with alvin, but it was a chase to beat him.
About 90 mins from the end I put in 4 balls at 14mtrs and went over it, and had a couple more better fish and some s smaller samples, I also dropped the rig into  the 13 mtr line towards the end and had a proper bonus in the shape of a 3lb skimmer, Alvin was now looking worried and was convinced I was now beating him, I had a lot less fish than him, but those few better fish may be the difference, and at the end it was a lot closer than I thought , my fish went 19.11 then Alvin had 20.8, so he called it better than me, well done matey. Gary won the section with 28lb which was also second in the match meaning I defaulted second in section money, too weight on the day went to Steve Tucker on 81 with 32.14, well done steve, as.For peg 80, well trig drew it much to most people's joy, but fished a good match to end up with 19.10, catching some big skimmers on the feeder to begin with, then some.nice hybrids along the spit, and some skimmers.on the long pole aswell, I forgot to ask him weather the copy from help was in attendance, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment