Total Pageviews

Friday 21 December 2018

Thursday Shiplate silver,s lge

This was the last round of this enjoyable small series run by Ron stark for the fishery, and he ran it very well, I must learn how to do a spread sheet for my league's, well I may get Judith to do it as she understands what to do more than me that's for sure.
Today I needed a good draw as I needed to win my section to stand a chance of ending in the top 3 of the league, so early into the draw bucket and out comes number 10, it's in the top right hand end of the lake in a 17 mtr wide channel to an island, I've drawn it in the summer and it's a good carp peg, but being a bit shallower than the pegs in the open water it can be a bit hit or miss as far as silvers go, on the plus side I could get my Brolly up and stay dry unlike tuesday, BONUS.
They are only small.section , only 4,s , next to me was nigel.Wickham on 11 and the other two were opposite on 5&6.
I set up three rigs today, a  4x12 for roach on the short line, which at topset and two is the deepest part of the swim, then it gradually shallows up towards the island,
The other two rigs were identical, .3 wire stem  thingys to fish over groundbait at 11 mtrs in front and 13 mtrs off to the left, with only 4 inches difference from the 11 and 13 mtr lines, it only takes a second for a slight adjustment.
Base camp, this is a bit of a wildlife heaven with lots of different birds and animals to see, and it was good to see a large  egret on the river next to the lake.
At the start I cupped it two balls at 11 mtrs with caster in , then two more on the 13 mtr line with soft micros the only feed in that, I picked up the short caster rig, dropped it in and it went straight under with a 2 oz hybrid, that was it for 15 minutes, and to be honest I only had a handful of plippy roach from there in the few occasions I tried it, out at 11 mtrs and it was pretty much the same , a bite a chuck from small roach,  I did get a one pound skimmer but apart from small  roach there no more skimmers from that line, 2 1/2 hours in and I was struggling, I had tried the soft pellet line a few times but again it was small roach all the way, I tried my roach rig over it out of desperation, nothing on it until I picked it up to try somewhere else and I fouled a good skimmer which came off, so straight back out with the soft pellet rig and I had a good next two hours catching skimmers and add bream up to 3lb, also Nigel to my left started getting a few aswell, but I had got an early lead on him which I felt he probably wouldn't claw back as I had caught well before his fish turned up, but it was really enjoyable, and by the end I new I had won my section so I was hoping Ron on peg 1 would beat Lee waller on 2 meaning I would win the league on weight, I thought I had 30lb and wasn't to far out with 33.2 , Nigel ended with 17lb , unfortunately the fish turned up a bit to late for him,
And luckily for me Ron did beat Lee so I won the series on weight with 90lb from the four matches I fished, weigh sheets and final league placing below, Ron is going to run another series again  from about the third week of January, Fairplay matey, and thanks to Steve and Carol for doing the weigh in and supplying everyone with free tea and coffee before and after the match.
Can't get the overall tables to load , Ron was second and Lee was third , I will try again later , off to Stafford moor on Sunday for there  Xmas match lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment