Total Pageviews

Friday 7 December 2018

Thursday over 55,s , huntstrete bridge pool

Did breakfast for myself at home before leaving,(5 lol), got to the fishery in plenty of time as normal as it's only 15minutes from home, and I think 21 were fishing, so that was good. Got into the draw bag early as I was doing the recording on a board, wasn't to displeased to see disc 31 looking back at me, even though not a.lot has been caught off it recently, there is an island at 16 mtrs, and these channels around the islands can be good for silvers as you can always find a trip which I like as the fish have to move a bit ,
I don't tend to set up more rigs than generally I think I may use, so today it was a .6 as4 to fish caster or maggot over groundbait at 13 mtrs, as this was at the bottom of the shelf before it starts shallowing up, it would also do to fish at top set and two where I was going to feed a few casters, the other rig was a .3 as5 for dobbing bread or maggot about a mtr off the island in about 30 inches of water.
For company I had Dave "teatotal"gillard to my left on 32 and organiser Chris Rolf on 30.
Rolfy  blew for the start, so I cupped in two balls on two 13 mtr lines, one at 11 and the other at 1 o,clock . Started feeding a few casters on the short line, then went across on a piece of bread, not really convinced it was going to go under, and after 15 minutes I was beginning to expect the worst, a switch to maggot was no better, although I did shake off a couple of plippy roach. butafter another 20 minutes on that I picked up the caster rig and dropped it in on the short line, no  bites there either, so out to 13 mtrs, and I started to catch, but only small roach, there were skimmers starting to be caught,  further to my right , which is normal here, the skimmers don't seem to like it at this end of the lake which is strange as it's the same depth, I also started firing a few 4mm pellets.to the island, I could catch small roach off all lines by now,   but none of the all important skimmers needed to to do well in the silvers, about halfway through I went over to the island in maggot, but no sign of a fish over there now, not even small raoch.
Out of desperation I changed the hook to fish a banded 6mm hard pellet, went across, first drop I had what I thought was a slight indication, so lifted and dropped, and  lo and behold it went under, an f1 was duly netter, next two put ins produced two proper carp, a six pounder and a two pounder, then I lost one, after that I couldn't get another bite, so back on the roach it was then, I did lose a good perch on the short line, and I had a couple of 12 oz skimmers from the right hand  groundbait line, I kept dropping in on the island swim but I had to wait till about 45 minutes from the end for another bite on the island, and I had another three carp and a good f1, so I ended up with probably mid twenties, and I wasn't to far out as I had 26lb exactly, which ended up third , I was happy with that as the peg hasn't produced recently, the match was won by Mike nicholls on peg 16 with 17lb+ of silvers and 13+ of carp for just over 31lb, second was Pete Turner on 18 with 26.1, Mike actually won the match and the silvers, but with a one prize one person rule the silvers were.won on default by paul(why do I always draw crap) barnfield opposite me on 4 with 11lb, it fished quite hard , still due I think to the clarity of the water, as you could still see your nets to the bottom. Weigh sheets below.


No comments:

Post a Comment