Total Pageviews

Sunday 9 December 2018

Landsend fishery individual league

My turn on speci lake today, so after one of di,s lovely breakfasts, which doesn't need a score anymore, as it's always consistently good. So into the draw queue early hoping to avoid 27 or 29, these two pegs are normally ok for a few carp when it's warmer, but this time of year the carp tend to inhabit the far end of the lake, where Stu BarnettBarnett(32) Mike duckett(31) and Adrian Clark on (34) were.drawn, 25 and 40 can produce but they tend to be smaller resident fish which love the undercut bank along the edge, Joe mcmahon was on 25 and colin hobbs.was on 40, so you can see where this is going, peg 27 noooooooo, but at least I had Bob gullick on 29 for company, and as we had drawn each other in the knockout we could keep an eye on each other, so we had a quid aswell.
At least I had an island to fish to,  but I wasn't at all convinced I was going to catch over there, but I set up a couple of rigs to over, one on top of the island shelf and the other just off in about 2 foot of water, both to fish banded 6mm pellet over hard 4,s. I drew on 28  last year and had over 20lb of roach at topset and two, so I set up two caster rigs, one for on the deck and another for about 2/3 depth,
Mike shouted the all in, so I threw some casters.on the short line, and fired some pellets across to the island, well they landed somewhere handy as the wind was doing it's best to send them somewhere else.
Starting short on caster.I expected a bite straight away, but nothing happened, so on with a maggot, I had a bite from a small roach, which got blown off, Bob also lost a fish on maggot, so I went back on a caster, had a bite and stayed With it, catching mainly 2-3 oz roach most of the match, early on Bob was catching the same As me , but as he had fed a micro line for skimmers he felt the need to go over it and have a go, he did have a ten ounce fish but spent a bit to long on it and when he came.back short it was never the same.For him, but by swapping between the depth and shallower rig I caught small roach for most of the match, I did get a pound perch off this line aswell, both Bob and me tried the island but as expected it was a non started for us, the lake was actually won by Nick duckett on peg 36, a peg  which has its days for sure, he had 60lb, followed by Adrian Clark on 34 with 56lb,who had a nice bonus in the shape of a near 13lb grass carp.

 then Stu Barnett on 32 with 37lb, as for the peg to peg mosella battle with me and Bob it was me who came.out on top , I thought I had 15 lb but weighed 16.8, so not to far out on the guess, oh yes and Bob had 8.2
So the pound was handed over, Bob tried not to lose for the picture, but it's got to be done, not sure if it was a smile or a grimace lol.
Top weight on the day went to Steve seager on peg 1 on the match lake with 67lb so well done to him, didn't get a picture as he was on another lake.
It was a hard day with fish difficult to tempt as the weigh sheets below show.



No comments:

Post a Comment