Total Pageviews

Sunday 30 December 2018

Landsend open

Plenty of matches to choose from today, but decided on Landsend fishery as it's one of my favourite fisheries, never easy at.this time of year, but always interesting, ended up with 24 fishing so Mike let us put 12 on lakes two and three, so plenty of room for all. Had one of di,s lovely breakfasts , no need to score it as it's always good, and she was on her own today with no olive to help, but she managed to 22 platefulls on her own, Fairplay.
I got steve(cheesy) Collins draw for me, and he handed me peg 1, it's been a good peg recently, steve.seager won off it on Saturday with 68lb so it should be ok today,
It's a peg with plenty of options, so I set up a couple of pellet rigs to fish up the left hand bank, one for on the deck down the shelf , and the other for on top of the shelf in about 20 inches of water.
The same.rigs would do for off the front of the island , again for pellet, I also set up a meat rig to fish to the right of a dead reed bed.
I also set up a meat.rig for my right hand margin, but I never had a bite on that , even though it was 3 foot deep there, my last rig was a .3g to fish caster at 5 mtrs.
I started off using my meat rig shallowed up to dob maggots around the peg, but all I had was one small roach, so binned that approach and went into the 5mtr caster line, I had a few.small roach and two good skimmers ,also hooked two carp and landed one, I tried the deep pellet lines a couple of times but never had a twitch, I did get one carp and lost one on the longer meat line and had 4 on top of the shelf on banded 6mm, Adrian Clark on three had a better match fishing soft pellet over micro 14 mtrs to his right down the middle, I did get a couple more better skimmers from the caster line and some waspy perch and small roach, but it's fished hard, which as I said I don't mind as it makes you think a bit more . Stu Barnett opposite on 24 had an early bath , only.managing two carp, one in the mouth and one in the tail, 
Top weight on the day went to Bob gullick on peg 15 with 109lb, catching all his fish against the island on banded 6mm hard pellet over potted 4,s, so well done to him

,top silver,s weight went to me with 11lb+, weigh sheets below.



No comments:

Post a Comment