Total Pageviews

Thursday 7 March 2013

Landsend Wednesday

Only 11 today so plenty of room on the match lake, with the recent better temps expectations were high for some good weights, but even with the air temps not double figures it still takes a while for the water to start warming, although I think the fish get woken up with the longer days just as much sometimes, also the cloudy day we were forecast would also help as the water was till quite clear, the draw started and mr shipp likes to be first in, Tom thick tried to hand him a peg but he refused so Tom offered it to me , it was rude to refuse so I took it and 5 was on the ticket, thanks Tom, especially when he drew 3 for himself which is definitely a peg for the warmer weather LOL, it's never going to be a quiet day when Tom is nearby and today was no different , he was worse than normal probably due to the fact he couldn't catch much apart from small roach, he did catch a couple of carp and good silvers down his edge towards peg 2 but he was going nowhere, he did hook what he thought was another good silver probably a perch which came back to his topkit very easily but when he lifted to net the fish up popped a 6 division shot dispenser complete with shot, for those who know him his best feature is his laugh as it sounds like a donkey.
I must mention that mike duckett has done a brilliant job on the fishery, clearing trees , stoning paths and repairing platforms , ten out of ten mike it's looking good.
Back in my swim and I very nearly got it totally wrong, I tried catching on soft pellet in the deep water in various parts of the swim , but only 1 f1 and lots of small roach, only a couple of roach on the 5 mtr caster line and again small roach on caster against the island, I did get3 small carp on maggot over micros between the islands in the deeper water but with 4 hours gone all seemed lost, especially as Aaron on 11, Anton on 13 , des on 15 all catching ,also fabio was back and on 17 and was catching well with skimmers and carp falling to his soft pellet attack, then with 2 hours to go I noticed a couple of carp swirl in mike ducketts peg (19) when he was striking, so I changed the hook on my far bank caster rig to a banded b960 size 18 and began firing 4,s and fishing a 6 in the band, and the last 2 hours went really well catching carp against the island in about 18 inches of water
I even managed to take two good skimmers and a nice perch down under pallet 6 , plus I had several
Good f1s in amongst the island carp, at the end I think I had about 18 carp plus good doubles of silvers, but I never thought I would have enough to win but after plonking 73 lb on the scales I thought it was going to be close, and I was suprised to see the people at the top end of the lake stopped catching so my weight was good enough for first,
2nd was des shipp on 25 with 69 lb, catching most of his fish in his right hand margin just past the submerged bush
3rd philip(fabio) Harding on 17 with 68.14, he did think he had the measure of des and was giving him loads , fabsy even offered to do a DVD and let des have a signed copy as he seemed to be
Struggling , oops but it was only 2 oz
4th Aaron britnell on 11 with 66.9
5th mike duckett on 19  with 62.14
6th Anton page on 13 with 55.10, he also had the top silvers weight with 37lb of a skimmer and f1 mix all on soft pellet at 13 and 16 mtrs,
Next weds there is a match on the main lake at plantation, book in with me at the shop on 01179517250
I also have a couple of spaces for the viaduct winter league on Sunday , with a space on match lake and one on spring, again ring me at the shop if you fancy it


1 comment: