Total Pageviews

Wednesday 20 March 2013

Wes open , landsend fishery

A good turnout today with 16 fishing, so we spread out around match and speci, I was made to draw my own ticket, and I still ended up in a corner, even if it was peg 1, not a corner of choice but some carp had been showing here recently, but with Tom thick on 34 again , and hoping to put right what he did wrong at the weekend on the same peg, and mat tomes on 31, Aaron britnell on 5 and with Martin McMahon on 19 and not netting a fish in the previous 12 hours fishing he could be a threat if he can keep them on the end,
With the fish showing signs of waking up and there being a few up on the shelves I decided to target the shallow parts of the peg, up the left hand margin and out on the island using hard pellet, so I set up a 4x10 rig for tight to the island. , a 4x12 for up the left hand side both with a b960 size 18 on .14, A 4x14 rig for caster down by the tree at 5 mtrs to my right and  a 4x12 rig for soft pellet 16 mtrs to my right , at the start i fed  the island and left hand margin with hard 4,s , some soaked micros to my right in the middle in front of peg 2 and began down by the tree with single caster, first drop and a 6oz roach was in the net, followed by a few perch to 8oz ,then I attached myself to a decent carp, I was now glad I had a .12 hook length on the 18. 6313 , and after about 5 mins a nice 8lb common was ensconced in the carp net, I kept on the caster line for a while but the roach and perch were on the small side, and with James withers over on 21 was catching carp quite well, and dale howsen up on 15 was enjoying an early burst on meat but his peg died and he never had another bite after midday,, I didn't know how the speci lake was fishing as it was all quiet, even Tom. Thick was silent ,
I tried the soft pellet line but only got 2 small skimmers so that line got binned, the remainder of the match was spent out on the island or up the left hand margin, I never caught really well but by feeding several lines and switching between them I managed to keep odd carp going into the net, trouble with this peg is that the fish seem to be small fish which live hear all the time, James over on 21 caught well and his fish were of a slightly better stamp, I ended up with 14 carp and doubles of silvers but with the carp being small apart from the first one on caster I was never going to beat James, I was first to weigh in and my catch went 60.8 which turned out to be good enough for fourth,
1st was Tom thick on 34 with 81.6 and he also had the top silver weight of 31.6 aswell, catching on his normal soft pellet attack
2nd James withers on 22 , 80. 3 on corn skins mainly at the bottom of the far shelf feeding nothing
3rd Phil (fabio) Harding 65.2, 7 fish down the margin
4th tony rixon 60.8 peg 1
5th mat tomes 59.3 peg 31
6 th dale howsen peg 15, 35.4

5 comments:

  1. "ensconsed", will have to remember that one.
    And if youre going to let a part-timer / wurzel take money off you I'm going to start having wednesdays off work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Part timer,wurzel Whos that ;-)
      By time you played with the big boys steve!!!
      J.W

      Delete
  2. en·sconce (n-skns)
    tr.v. en·sconced, en·sconc·ing, en·sconc·es
    1. To settle (oneself) securely or comfortably: He ensconced himself in an armchair.
    2. To place or conceal in a secure place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the last time I try and use clever words

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the last time I try and use clever words

    ReplyDelete