Total Pageviews

Sunday 21 July 2013

Float only league, rnd 4, shiplate farm

40 fishing today so a full house,which is good , I fancied any peg with 15 in it as it gives you end peg on all three lakes, failing that peg 1 on the main lake would be nice, Gordon canning drew for me and handed me peg 1 on the main lake(yay), it wins lots of money in matches here, as you have an island to cast at, a long right hand margin going back into a bay and down to an old jetty at 18 mtrs, so I set up a wag rod to fish to the island but the wind made it impossible to keep the float near the island so I won't mention it again, I set up meat rig for my right hand margin, but that only gave me one bite and that took me around the corner into the bay and tied me to a tree somewhere out of site of me, but not the people on the other bank who were most amused, I did actually hook a coot on the wag and even that went round to my right into the bay , but I managed to drag that back , and it showed no gratitude what so ever as it pecked and scratched me till I got it off the hook, but it flew off ok, I set up two depth pole rigs for banded 8 mm pellet, one for straight out and one down towards the jetty but about 12 feet out from it, my peg was at the calm end of the lake behind trees and with the sun directly in front all day so by the end I had drunk over 3 litres of water and a can of coke which Jim thomas bought down for me , it was good to see Jim as its been a couple of years since we had a good natter.
The match was a bit of a slow start for me as a flock of immature decided to hone there underwater swimming skills in my peg just as the match started, mint , so it was no suprise it took me and hour to get my first bite and that was down towards the jetty, but it did me under the old jetty, I could have pulled a bit harder but is it really worth snapping your pole, I don't think so.
By the end I had 11 carp and one 4 oz skimmer for what I thought may go 65lb, I probably had even split from out In front and down to the right , but I probably lost as many as it was to hot again and the fish just seemed to want to cruise around several people lost plenty of fish on the main lake ,so I wasn't alone in that one , bela bakos over on 15 and dean malin on 4 were suffering the same , I needed a section win as trig Edmunds on 11 was catching on the wag to the island, in my section dean also had 11 carp but he insisted that his were only small ones with only one double , but those who know dean will know he finds it hard to lie straight in bed, as I was doing the weigh in I began to realise that the fish were weighing  a bit light so I downgraded my estimate to about 60 lb.
It was no suprise to anyone that dean,s fish went 77.14 , so not quite as small as he thought lol,
Mine went a shade over 57lb for a second in section, which may cost me in the end as trig won his section as did Shaun Townsend on west pool, so trig is in the lead now by one point on his own.
The match was actually won by Tom mangnall on peg 6 on west pool, fishing banded pellet at 6 mtrs
For 140.8
2nd Paul elmes with 108.4 on peg 7 hawthorn
3rd Adrian jeffery on 9 hawthorn with 103.4
4th Craig Edmunds 94.4 peg 11 main lake
5 th dean malin 77.14 peg 4main lake
6th bela bakos 69.5 peg 15 main lake
Silvers
Joe macmahon, with 19.7 on peg 8 , which included a 7lb sturgeon  to go with his lonely dream and few skimmers.
All in all it didn't fish to badly considering the weather we are having, steve and carol are working really hard to get the fishery up to a high standard and I don't think it will be to long before they get there, and judging by the club bookings they have got , a lot of people think the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment