Total Pageviews

Thursday 4 July 2013

Weds open , acorn fishery, paddock lake

This was the first Wednesday match I have run here this year, so I was looking forward to it, and it was quite popular as I ended up with 18 fishing, clevedon aa now control the fishing on this lake, but after a quick chat with the match secretary who came down for a chat , nothing seems to have changed as far the booking go , all they ask is that if you can't fill the lake , the club will expect to have some pegs left for club / pleasure anglers, a reasonable request as far as I can see.
Back to the draw and I let the normally unreliable roger andoniou draw for me but he got it wrong today and handed me peg 1 (nice), the last time I fished here I had the same peg and weighed an ounce under 100lb so I expected a few. The swim most people fancied was number 10 as it was an end peg with the next angler on peg 22 , that is apart from a pleasure angler halfway up the back straight, and with
Mike (silverfox) nicholls on it , he was probably going to be the one to watch.
I set a couple of meat rigs , one for the right hand margin and one for 5 mtrs, both with middy 8313 hooks on .16 , and 2 pellet rigs for over, one on the deck on top of the shelf in 12 inches of water , and the other a small dinner rig for up un the grass. Before the start I went across the bridge with my scissors and weed cutter, and cleared a couple of areas of the dreaded spiky grass so I could get in tight enough. At the start I cupped in some meat at 5 mtrs and some pellets over to the far side in both spots, I also started feeding a few pieces of meat regularly into the right hand margin, I decided to give the first hour to the 5 mtr line while feeding a few 6 mm hard pellets to the far side, the float buried first put in but it was 8oz skimmer, I had to wait 10 mins for the next bite and that was from a 5 lb carp, but it was a false dawn , as by the end of the first hour I had only had one more bite on that line and that was
From a 4 lb fish, I did see a bit of movement in the margin so I went in but spiked one , bugger, luckily there were plenty of fish moving on the far side, going across on the deck rig I was getting bites and liners straight away, looking around no one was really setting on fire, Jamie date on 3 had
had an early burst on paste down the middle , and martin(Bernice) Alexander was getting a few on

the method on peg 5, I couldn't see mr nicholls on 11 doing much, so it seemed all to play for, I did have my back to Tom thick on 40 so not being able to keep an eye on him, he will always be a danger, back in my swim
The sport got better and better as the match went on with the far side being solid , the margins which are normally ok for a few only gave me 3 fish , so most of the match was spent over, the last couple of hours were the best for several people , with mike on 11 now catching regularly on paste down the edge
Also Jamie on 3 was now on the paste to the far side , and his fish were bigger than mine, strange how
The paste seems to pick out the bigger fish, by the end I new I had over 100lb but I wasn't to sure by
How much as I had lost count of my fish a bit, but being first to weigh I would soon now, but I had a
Bit more than I thought as my nets went 148.13, for first on the day,
2nd was mike nicholls on 10 with 116.1
3rd Jamie dyte with 114.4 on peg 3
4th gabe skarba on 22 with 112.15
5th martin( Bernice) Alexander with 112.3 on peg 5
6th Tom thick on 40 with 96.5
7th glen bailey on 29 with 96.2
Silvers
Phil(fabio) Harding on 33 with 30.3 of mostly f1,s on bits of worm over caster
Barry fitchew on 10 with 26.7
All in all it was a reasonable match with plenty of bites to be had in most swims, I can't see it being to long until we make a return visit for another mid weeker

No comments:

Post a Comment