Total Pageviews

Sunday 14 July 2013

Sunday open , sedges , brick lake

Well that was another hot day with temps in the upper 20,s I don't think we are designed for weather like this, and the fish don't seem to be enjoying it to much either, I let mr draw bag himself Shaun Townsend pull my peg and he didn't  disappoint, as I ended up On Peg 11 which is one I would have picked if I had to, it's another corner peg on the end on the right hand bank, for company I was next to the impish Leon Hubbard who seemed to have turned up in a pair of Caroline's denim shorts, very fetching,
I set up a stalking rig as there a few fish about, and a pellet rig for on the deck at 14 mtrs , a meat rig for along the end bank and in the margins, and a pellet wag for out towards the rope,
Opposite was rich Lacey on10 who also set up a wag but managed to cast backwards into the tree behind him on a practice cast and lost it , I think he thought no one spotted that one (wrong).
At the start it was straight out on the mugger rig and at the end of the first hour I had 5 carp including one of 21lb, a proper fat lump it was aswell, but after that the muggable fish drifted out of range ,
The only person I could see catching with any regularity was trig Edmunds on peg one who was mugging loads, and after he said he reckoned to have caught 90lb in the first 90 mins, and I wouldn't doubt it as every time I looked he was playing a fish, I did get odd ones on the shallow rig during the day but there didn't seem to be many about , I had a few on the deep pellet rig and three down the edge on meat , I may have had a few more on the deep rig but I hooked a snag and the elastic snapped  so I had to sit and look at my rig stuck out at 14 mtrs for the last hour, I,m beginning to think that elastic s are only designed to last 6 weeks before they deteriorat and snap ,lol.
As expected after the first couple of hours there was only going to be one winner and that wasted Edmunds with 144.13 of mainly mugged fish on peg 1
2nd was me with 117.4 of some mugged and some caught properly off peg 11
3rd Shaun Townsend on 17 with 93.2
4 th Adrian jeffery on 2 with 76.15
5 th Leon Hubbard on 12 with 67.6
6th Paul elmes on 15 with 63lb
Silvers
Mike nicholls on 4 with 45.8 of mainly skimmers on paste at 9 mtrs
I,m running one at acorn on paddock lake on Wednesday 10 draw , ring me at the shop to book in

No comments:

Post a Comment