Total Pageviews

Monday 8 July 2013

Round 3, float only league, landsend fishery

Still had 40 fishing today, even though I had to find 7 reserves , some at quite short notice , so thanks to them for turning up, especially on what was probably going to be the hottest day of the year, and it was and with very little wind it turned out to be a proper scorcher, I didn't really fancy a long walk today(lake 3), but I let Tim Clark pull me a peg and he handed me 41 which is the first peg on the left    Hand bank on lake 3 , at least it was the was the shortest walk on that lake, getting to the peg I would have expected to see plenty of cruisers so I could mug a few, there were a few but with white water in front of me , spotting them would be difficult. I set up the stalking rig for banded 8mm, a couple of rigs to fish hard pellet on the deck, one out by the spit which sticks out at 13mtrs in front of me and another for down into the corner towards the tackle graveyard where there are loads of trees in the water. For company I was next to rich Lacey on 42, and I had to sit and look at jim(corner shop) Jenner on 70 and the ever genial dick bull on 68, my 5 peg section also included glen (one trick) bailey on 45 , clive federry on 46 and the now super fit Anton page on 50, if you check out mike nicholls blog there is probably a before and after picture with Anton and trig, check it out.
Back to the fishing and I started with the stalker, and I had a fish after about 5 mins , but not being able to see the fish properly it was hard, I had to spot a fish coming towards me but as they got to the white water I had to keep an eye on the water movement , so I did get most of my fish on during the match, I also had several fish against the spit , but these landsend fish are spooky creatures and don't like the pole over there heads, I did set up a meat rig for my right hand margin but that only gave me 2 tiny carp, so I didn't spend to much time there, I could get a bite a chuck over towards the trees but again the fish were small, and it all got a bit torrid as these small fish are quick, quicker than me , even though I was fishing 2 mtrs out from the snags , they were still getting into the trees, and the ones I did get out I lost several at the net due to hook pulls, probably to much pressure on the fish early on in the fight, so after plenty of lost hook lengths and several rigs , I thought discretion was the better part of valour and binned the line by the trees, I finished the match with over 20 carp but apart
From on big common of about 14 lb most were small fish, but I thought it would be enough to win the section and it was as they went 73.9 so that keeps me on three section wins but with trigger
Winning his section again he stays at the top on weight difference
First on the day was dean malin on 31 with 206.10 , mostly caught on banded pellet over against the
Island, he had a few down the edge on meat later in the match
2 nd steve Seager on 29 fished pretty much the same as dean and weighed 142.12
3rd kev molten on 27 with 98.8
That was 1st ,2nd and third in a line, but that's the best the speci lake has fished in a while
4 th andy Lloyd on 21 with 94.7
5th Shaun Townsend on 61 with 93.12
6th niel mercer on 16 with 92.2
Silvers
Martin lenaghan on 36 with 30lb off peg 30
After expecting it to be a hard day it fished really well with plenty of fish caught despite the high temps, so I am back there on Wednesday for an open and with cooler temps forecast for midweek I think it should be another good day, as usual if only one wants to fish ring me at the shop on
01179517250, or ring mr duckett on 07977545882

No comments:

Post a Comment