Total Pageviews

Sunday 6 October 2013

Viaduct silvers league, round 1

No blog last week as I was away in west Wales with judith and the dogs, and it made for a nice week, plenty of walking through woods and along beaches, a nice place to go and we have already booked again for next year.
Off to shiplate on the canals on Wednesday so if anyone fancies it give me a ring at the shop to book in, 01179517250.
55 are fishing this league so is a good match, the pegs were spread over cambell, Cary and lodge, split into mainly sections of 7 . Into the draw tin and out comes peg 101, which is on the diagonal bank of Cary, which is a good area for skimmers and bream, it was going to be a tough section as I was sandwiched between Alex Murray  on 102 and ian didcote on 100 it was hard to tell as to who spends the most time on the sunbed.
We were met with flat calm conditions and bright warm sunshine, not to good for silvers but the carp would probably like it, I set up a .4g rig to fish at 11 and 14 mtrs with caster or maggot ove rig bait , a .25 g rig to fish to hand with my topkit for roach early on and a 4x12 rig to fish caster down the edge as its sometimes ok for big hybrids and skimmers(but not today as it turned out). On the whistle I cupped in 5 balls at 11 mtrs and 4 at 14, then began on the caster using the lighter rig fishing to hand, I stuck with this for the first 45 mins but never really went any where with it, I had a few 2 to 3 oz roach an eel a Ruffe. And a tiny perch , no good really, both Alex and ian were out on the longer lines  by now and had a couple of decent skimmers, so I followed suite using the .4 rig, I had a couple of skimmers but due mainly to the conditions the fish weren't happy to settle properly, Alex was having a torrid losing plenty of carp, wherever he fed it fizzed up and it was another hook length gone, ian was still catching odd skimmers , and by switching between the 11 and 14 mtr lines and occasionally putting a ball in I kept putting odd decent skimmers in the net , I was getting a few carp on but Alex
Seemed to be keeping them in his peg , that was until he stopped feeding his long lines about 90 mins
From the end then the water pigs seemed to shift along to me , and become a real nuisance, so during
The last hour I only managed two more skimmers but lost about ten carp and landing two, at the end
Ian thought I had beaten him by about 10lb but I new it was going to be close , and it was as I weighed 36.9 to his 34.3. So I started off with a section win, but it was close,
1st on the day went to mat tomes on peg 78 with 41.5
2nd bob gullick on 86 with 40.3
3rd Paul faires on 69 with 37.2
4th tony Rixon with 36.9
5th Andy Neale on 97 with 35.7
6th ian didcote on 100 with 34.3

No comments:

Post a Comment