Total Pageviews

Wednesday 23 October 2013

Weds open , acorn fishery , paddock lake

Ended up with 16 fishing today so it just goes to show its a popular venue , even after its event problems, which now seem to have sorted itself out, Adrian Clark drew for me and handed me 36, not a peg I would have run to given the choice, I set up three rigs , a 4x12 to fish corn and dead maggot down the the empty pallet to my left,  a 4x10 for banded pellet on top of the far shelf and the same rig would be ok for 3 mtrs down the margin and a 4x12 for pellet just down the far shelf in about 3 feet of water. At the start I cupped in some corn dawn to the empty pallet, fired some 4,s to the far side and threw some down the edge, by the time I had done all that mike nicholls was playing his first fish on peg 9. Starting on the deeper rig just off the far side I lost a fish straight away but it was fouled, I gave it another twenty minutes there but only had a couple more liners so I picked up the shallow rig and started feeding up on the shelf, when I plumbed up it was about 15 inches deep but there seemed to be a lot of debris on the bottom so it was hard to sort out , I should have gone round onto the island and cleared it before the start but it looked clear but you can't see what's on the deck, I did manage a few fish to 5 lb off the far side, then I noticed a boil down the edge over the pellet line, so I went in and had thee quick fish before it dried, so off on the corn down by the empty pallet, and a couple of fish there, the next couple of hours were ok with odd fish coming from the three lines , then the swim just seemed to die and it was a real struggle  to get a bite anywhere, then onwards the end a few fish turned up on the margin pellet line and I had some more in last hour but I thought I was always going to be a few fish short to get in the money, and that's how it ended up . Mike nicholls won on peg 9 with 100.5 on mainly caster down the edge mainly on caster I think, see his blog.
2nd mat tomes on 22. With 97.8
3rd Harry muir on 24 with 92.1
4th me with 85.5
5th Adrian Clark on 33 with 69.12
6th dave blakemore on peg 1 with 61.10
Silvers
Ziggy on 28 with 20lb of skimmers on worm bits
Off to landsend on Sunday on match and speci, there are a few spaces left so ring me at the shop to book in

No comments:

Post a Comment