Total Pageviews

Wednesday 30 October 2013

Wes landsend open

13 fishing today so virtually every other peg, after the way it fished on Sunday we were all expecting a good day, I didn't mind where I drew as there were plenty of fish feeding all around the lake at the weekend, I waited till last but one in the draw and ended up with peg 1, it's a corner peg with the end of the island well within reach so plenty of options, it's a nice peg to ship your pole back aswell as the bank is reasonably flat behind you, so the two new Mosella rollers were set up (and they seem very good) allowing 16 mtrs to be shipped back in one go.
 I was placing my faith in a pellet and mat approach as it worked so well at the weekend, so two shallow rigs , one for up the left hand margin and another on top of the island shelf, a deep pellet rig for the bottom of the margin slope and a meat rig for on the end of the tree just to my right.
Opposite was the gimp who was going to be perch bashing and next to me was Martin McMahon, on 3.
At the start I began along the end bank down the shelf, I had a bite after about 5 mins and landed a 3lb carp on a banded 6mm over loose fed 4,s, I thought that was going to be the start of a good day , but it turned out to be a bit of a false dawn, as by the end of  90 mins I had only added another one carp, and with no liners it looked as though the normally reliable shoal of smallish dark carp which are known to inhabit the end bank were going to have an off day , but by the sound of things no one was early having it off, even silvers didn't want to play ball. I had a bad match really ending up with 9 carp one skimmer and an f1, I had two along the end bank, three on meat towards the the end of the tree to my right and four towards the island for a total of 40.8 and no good .  A few people began to catch a few fish towards the end , even Martin McMahon started to catch carp on his caster line whilst trying to catch silvers and he had some proper lumps aswell ending up with 6 fish for 46lb.
1st on the day went to Adrian Clark on 19 with 54.14 catching on banded pellet over micros tight to the island
2nd Martin McMahon with his accidental carp and 6 lb of intentional silvers for  52.7
3rd kieth fielder on 15 with 48.10
4th Ron hardiman on 20 with 47.4
5th me with 40.8
6th Jamie dyte on 17 with 33.12
Silvers
Nige Bartlett on 13 with 18.10 which included a couple of tench, skimmers and decent perch with some small roach all caught on caster

1 comment:

  1. Where do you buy your mat from and what make of mat do you use.
    HAHAHHA MOTHER BROWN.

    ReplyDelete