Total Pageviews

Thursday 17 October 2013

Weds silver only viaduct fishery

14 fishing today which is a bit disappointing as there is the silvers all winners final on Saturday and the second round of the silvers league Sunday, so I thought there may be few more to practice.
With there already a match on cambell so we found ourselves spread around around Cary, into the draw tin and out comes 102, a flyer generally for carp and silvers so I wasn't to upset, Alex Murray was on this peg in the last silvers league match and got carped out , losing over twenty, so I was hoping they had gone somewhere else today, hopefully into 105 as number three in the all time Swindon best dressed list was sat in the shape of Gary etheridge, so if he did hook any carp he would cause them minimum stress as they demolished his .005 line and reshaped 26 hooks.
On 100 was shep and opposite I had ziggy on 77 and mat tomes on 78 (again).
I only set up 2 rigs today, a .4g to fish quite positively at 11 and 14 mtrs and a .25 to fish lighter over the long lines and the same rig would do to start at 3 mtrs and to shallow up to fish down the edge for hopefully some good hybrids which can inhabit the margins along here, both rigs had a 18 middy 6313 hook on .10 line. Today's approach was still going to fish maggot or caster over groundbait over the two long lines, so on the whistle I cupped in 6 balls at 11 mtrs and 4 at 14, then began at three mtrs loose feeding some caster aswell as sprinkling some down the edge, to say it was slow would be and understatement as after 30 mins all I had to show for my efforts were 1 roach, 1 small perch and 2 Ruffe, not a good start, so I shipped out the light rig to 11 mtrs but I struggled to get my bait to the bottom as small roach were intercepting it on the way down, so in and back out with the heavier rig, it was better but my peg seemed to be full of 1 to 3oz roach, which would be ok as long as you can catch them on your topkit. I tried putting the bulk right down at the top of the hook length (4") but still fought roach, after 2 hours a had managed two skimmers but felt I was way behind as Gary was netting plenty of fish, but its hard to tell. With him as he tends to net everything , also mat over on 78 was putting a few fish together, but as far as I could see no one was running away with it. So I just got my head down and kept catching roach , but luckily I did get a few better skimmers in between the roach so by the end when mat called over to see what I thought I had , I told him I had 20lb ish,
But I had a quick look and new I had closer to 30lb, I thought Gary had over 30lb but he reckoned on closer to 25, I was last but one to weigh and by the time the scales got to me steve kedge was winning. With 31.10, and lifting my fish out I new it would be close, and it was as my fish went 31.6,
With at least 10lb of that being those small roach. Gary had 30.6 which was the same weight as mat over on 78.
So first on the day was steve kedge on 97 with 31.10
2nd me with 31.6 peg 102
Jnt 3rd mat tomes on 78 and Gary etheridge on 105 both with 30.6
5th mash on 99 with 29.7
6thchris fox on 85 with 26.7
So a good tight match with one or two fish making all the difference, it was noticeable today as to how much colour had dropped out of the water, so they may had made the skimmers a bit more twitchy, I did get a bit of carp trouble as the first three fish I hooked over the 11 mtr line were of the big beasty variety, but I never Hooked another till one minute from the end , so roll on the weekend and with the temps rising towards the end of the week we may have a good couple of days, next weds I am going to try and book the main lake lake at plantations so ring me at the shop on 01179517250 to confirm




No comments:

Post a Comment