Total Pageviews

Wednesday 28 May 2014

weds open landsend fishery

Travelled down with ron hardiman and fabio today, snd fabio tried to to us that he didnt match fish for the pleasure, it was all about the money, so we had a whip round at the draw as he felt he should be paid appearance money,
only 12 fishing today so we just sat round the speci lake, ad jeffery pulled out 2 tickets and handed me one , opening it up and was more than happy to see 33 written on it,  its a corner peg at the bottom of the steps behind the cabin.  For company I had fabio on 34 and martin alexander opposite on 32, ben hagg was on 31 , and that was the only people I could see. I set up rigs to fish pellet out by the aerator at 16mtrs. Also the shallow one would do for along the end bank, and I also set up the 5mtr meat line but again that was a failed rig.
at the start I began fishing on the deck out by the bubbler/wave maker. It was a bit of a slow start, with fabio getting a couple of carp off the island and ben also caught straight away,, so I was a couple of fish behind before I got my first, I had another quickly so I was back on level terms, I began to get a couple of liners so I went out on the shallow rig, but that was slow aswell. Ben began to hook lots of fish but he was struggling to get them in the mouth, aswell as having issues with overhanging foliage, squirrel snagger springs to mind, also fabio was struggling with overhangs, he was getting some proper tourettes going, I started to get odd fish shallow out by the wave machine and also on the same rig doen the edge, so with 2 hours to go I was well ahead of the people I could  see,  but it was about now that I felt sorry for fabio as he was going no where fast, so I got off my box went round and told where and how to fish his peg,  he also never had any 6mm feed pellets so I gave him a bag, I should have known better, my peg got worse while his got stronger, so by the end I thought he had just done enough to edge it but he wasnt sure, . As it was I wish I had waited another hour before I helped him as he weighed 136.2 for first and I was left to be the bridesmaid with  130.7 3rd was tom thick on 25 with 92.4
4th adrian jeffery on 26 with 67.13
5th ben(I cant believe I lost another) hagg on 31 with 63.3
6th martin alexander on 32 with 60.11
silvers went to paul blake on 39 with 24lb , of f1,s skimmers and chub on meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment