Total Pageviews

Sunday 6 July 2014

float only, rnd4, landsend fishery

Off to landsend fishery for this round, and with 40 fishing we were using three lakes, nearly everyone turned up , I only had 1 sicknote who had been sick all night and wasnt in a fit state to attend,
I didnt mind which lake I drew on as tge peggimg was relatively fair, I let martin mcmahon draw for me as I had his son joe in the knockout ,
he pulled a peg which turned out to be peg 5 on the match lake, its a peg I have drawn on numerous occasions and had some good weights off it so I was more than happy, for company I had paul blake on 3 and bristols finest roofing engineer in the shape of bela bakos on 6, f8r league points we fish sections of 5, and my section was 1 to 7 and with tim ford on 1 and leon hubbard on 7 it may be hard to get the sedtion win I needed to keep me on top of the league, my day was going to be a pellet attack on all lines today, so I set up 2 rigs for the island, one tight in and one out a bit, a 6 mtr on the deck rig and a margin rig,  but the margin rig was a none starter with no bites or indications so less said the better.
at the start I began on the 6 mtr line with a banded 6 over kindered 4,s whilst feeding 6, s to the island in a couple of spots. I decided to give the 6mtr line an hour to begin with, even though there were tails showing on the island , I had a few f1, s a couple of skimmers and a small carp by the end of the first hour, so I put that rig down and picked up the island rig, I wish I could say that I caught really well for tje remainder of the match, and to be fair I did hook plenty of fish but I struggled to get many in the mouth, the wind was blowing the rig along and I was fouling plenty, as was bela , I normally do ok when I can see the fish but not today, it was torrid to say the least , by the end I had about 15 carp but I thought I was well behind tim on 1 and paul on 3, I reckoned I had he measure of bela but it was going to be close with paul on 3, as it turned out sedtion wise it was tight with tim winning the sectiin with 82.7, I was second in section with 75lb,  so a bit of a let off really,  there are 4 of us now on level points, myself, shaun townsend,  garry gullick, and steve tucker all on 18 points .
1st on the day was paul elmes on 27 with 155.10, catching on paste against the island
2nd shaun(I, m back) townsend on 9 with 131.14
3rd martin rayet with 123.10
4th tom mangnall on 33 with 99.13
5th bob gullick with 98.7
6th niel mercer with 95.11
silvers
paul faires 32lb
off to chilton trinity next sunday to fish on wildmarsh,  anyone interested ring me at the shop to book in 01179517250

No comments:

Post a Comment