Total Pageviews

Wednesday 30 July 2014

weds match, sedges brick lake

Well thats the end of running wednesday matches for me , 11 booked in but 9ne was unable to get there due being stuck on the motorway due to a crash, so only 10 fishing , I just cant be assed to chase people to get the numbers up, so weds in future I will be looking for fishery run matches where I aint got to do anything, just turn up and fish.
Back to today and jamie recommended we use pegs 6 to 15 which meant we had 5 up each side of the lake, a corner or an end peg would be nice , but no I wait till there is only me and paul homewood left to draw , and we end up on adjacent pegs, paul on 7 and me on 8, and for company I had tom mangnall on 9,
I decided to give tje groimdbalit down the edge a go with banded pellet ofer tje top so a rig was assembled for that,  also a couple of pellet rigs for 14 mtrs, one shallow and one for on tje deck, and a meat rig for 6mtrs,
at the start I cupped in some pellets on the long line and some meat at 6mtrs, beginning on the long kine with pellet it was a slow start  .
opposite terry stanway had a couple of early fish down his edge and ziggy slowinski on 6 was straight into decent skimmers, at the end of the first hour I had 1 carp and 5 skimmers, tom next door was catching a few on the pellet wag and paul had a couple on the method feeder, after a couple of hours I was a long way off the pace with tim ford catching l8ng down his edgeon 11 and glen bailey was on his favoired paste catching good skimmers and odd carp, as the match went on I ended up going round in circles a bit  , I should have set uo a pellet wag as both oaul ant tom were catching on it with tom doing really well, but as I had forgotten to bring any reels it was always going to to be difficult (numpty).
the long pole line with pellet never got going I only had the one carp out there and some nice skimmers, I tried the shallow rig and had a bite every put in, but it was only half ounce rudd when I connected
the margin swim gave a 4lb fish hooked in the tail, by far and away I had most of my action at 6mtrs on meat, I should have concentrate d a bit more than I did in tjat line, as tje skimmers were having a proper munch today, as ziggy caught steadily from start to finish, so no pick uo today for me,
first on the day today was terry stanway who fishes with bilston labour up in birmingham, he, s staying down in one of the fishery caravan with some 8f his mate's,  he was a bit of a dark horse today as no ome really saw him catching on peg 16, but he snuck out enough from his left hand margin on corn over pellet to win with a weight of 136.12
2nd tom mangnall with 122.3
3rd tim ford with 113.11
4th glen bailey with 113.4
5th paul homewood, 100.11
6th fabio 89.3
silvers
ziggy with a really nice net of skimmers on bits of worm or corn over groundbait which went 76.8
2nd glen bailey 54.12
3rd me 54.10

2 comments:

  1. No mention of you chasing some pole sections that you lost???? PMSL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily my good friend fabio caught it for me , b7r the bugger kept the skimmer which did the damage ha ha

    ReplyDelete