Total Pageviews

Sunday 3 August 2014

float only , rnd 5 sedges fishery

It was the penultimate round in this league today , with both tile and brick lake being used , only 39 fishong today as I had a no show,
it was the finak of the k/o today with 4 anglers fishing f8r 3 payouts, myself, steve tucker,  bob goolique and bela bakos, ufortunately bela coulbnt come due to work commitments so the 3 of us were guaranteed a pick up providing we caught a fish !!!!!!.
I let glen bailey draw for me and he pulled 30 on tile for me , its a corner but not the best one by a lomg was on this lake. For company I had paul faieres on 29 and I had to sit looking at gordon canning opposite,  and bob goolique , so at least I could see one opponent in the k/o, steve tucker was on peg 2 on brick so he was well out of sight.  Four pole rigs today, a shallow stalker rig jist in case, a rig to fish aga8nst tje reeds on tje end bank, a margin corn rig which was tried several times during the day but never produced a thing, and a meat rig for 7 and 14 mtrs, I also set uo a pellet wag to fish further alomg the end bank.
at the start I fed all pole lines via a cup then began on tje wag, to say it was slow was an understatement,  I stuck with it for over an hoir but only managed 3 small carp on it , and bust off on another, then I chucked it up a tree and lost it , I never set it uo again which was probably a mistake on my part as several people on my bank caught quite well,  but I fully expected to catch on the meat, but no, I only had 2 small carp, a 1lb eel and a small hybrid. I had a real struggle for m9st of the day but at least it wasnt as bad as bob opposite,  as he seemed to think he was still on tje Huntspill as he couldnt catch a thing and spent a lot of tje match wandering about moaning to anyone who wanted to listenm there werent many.
paul next to me hooked a big grassie on corn and he played it for about 20 mins before his actual hook snapped, I did get up and watch him for aboit 10 mins , in which time we had several good looks at the fish and it looked to be the 24lb fish which occasionally comes oit, but his landing net looked woefully small for this metre long fish, but it never got that far.
My best period was in thr last 2 hours , when some fish turned up on the end bank, and I ended the match with aboit 20 carp, all taken on 8mm hard pellet over 6, s , feeding 15 to 20 pellets after each fish seemed the best approach.
All in all the lakes fished really consistently with martin rayet on peg 20 coming out on top with 109.8, catching most of his fish in the last couple of hours on meat at 5mtrs
2nd martin lenaghan on peg 8 with 99.6
3rd joe mcmahon on peg 4 with 98.3
4th steve seager on peg 24 with 92.3 which included a carp of 13.12 just incase anyone missed that fact.
5th tom mangnal on 14 with 91.9
6th tim clarke on 8 with 88.1
silvers went to ziggy slowinski on 18 with 64.6 of skimmers on worm over groundbait
2nd was ken rayner with 45lb on peg 12
knockout
steve tucker 79.14 £100
Tony rixon 71.4 £80
Bob goolique 46.8 £60
Off to viaduct on weds for a pole only on cambell then next sunday its round 3 of tje short pole series at chilton trinity on woodland , I , myy have a couple of spare places for that so ring me at the shop to check availability

No comments:

Post a Comment