Total Pageviews

Sunday 31 August 2014

Sedges brick lake , Sunday open

19 fishing today , just one Larry let down as his missus wouldn't let him use the car, I said I wouldn't say his name , so Pete noton I won't then.
I,ve really got to stop saying which peg I fancy , as I said to trig peg 10 would be nice today , I was last but one to draw and yes peg ten comes out stuck to my mit, it won the match on Saturday with 90 something pounds so I expected a reasonable day.
I set a meat rig for 5 and 14 mtrs ,it was the same depth within a couple of inches so one rig for both, the business end had the normal size 16 middy 8313 hook on .16, for the end bank I put together a rig to fish against the reeds in about 2 foot of water, so I was ready in plenty of time, at the start I fed both meat lines and fired some 6 mm pellets to the end bank, starting at 14 mtrs it didn't take to long to get my first carp, and by the end of the first hour I was on 4 carp and a couple of skimmers, it was about now that I saw the reeds twitching a bit so I got off my box and made a shallow rig up to fish at 6inches against the reed stems, and it worked well as by the end of the second hour I was on 12 carp, so it was off my box again to go and get another net as this fishery has a 100lb net limit and with 4 hours left it looked as though a big weight was on the card, I fed all lines before the net walk and when I got back the fish didn't seem to want to be against the reeds the same as before, in fact the last 4 hours were quite difficult I did manage a couple more on the long meat line but the rig against the reeds produced the best fishing banded 8mm over loose fed 6,s, I ended up with 23 carp up to about 12lb for what I reckoned would go 150lb ish, but it was going to be close with Craig Edmunds having a bit of a purple patch over on 13 catching really well towards the end on meat over groundbait in his margin including a fish of over 24lb, also Tom mangnall on 7 had enjoyed a good latter part of the match catching on his favoured straight lead approach ,
My 23 carp and few silvers went 148.1 for first today
2nd Craig Edmunds on 13 with 139.6
3rd Tom mangnall on 7 with 139.1, that was close
4th Martin rayet on 12 with 100.8
5th Martin lenaghan on peg 1 with 89.11
6th Gary o' Shea on peg 6 with 82.1
There was a tie for silvers with trig and Martin rayet both weighing 24.9 of skimmers
Next week I am running one at chilton trinity on woodland lake so phone me at the shop on 01179517250 to book in








No comments:

Post a Comment