Total Pageviews

Thursday 21 August 2014

weds open, viaduct fishery

15 fishing on campbell today, so plenty of room. Into the draw tin and out comes 126, its been a good area of late, so no complaints from me, then again there aren't to many bad swims on this lake at this time of year , for company I was mext to the pre pubescent lewis greenwood king, son of fishery manager paul.he was on 125, and I had ziggy to my right on 128, so an empty peg to my right may be advantageous.  And with roy"sex bomb"worth opposite it was going to be a lesson in lead bombing.
I set up the nirmal slapping rig, a depth pellet rig and a pellet rig for down to empty pallet and the normal 5 mtr meat line.
At the start myself and lewis started shallow swinging the rig round , and lewis hooked 4 quick fish but I th8nk he lost 2 when his elastic snapped, I think his dad must have put them in, I think he is going to ask roy the bomb to do it next time .
By now I had caught 2 shallow but it wasnt right, plenty of fizzing but the fish didnt want to be up shallow in it, and if you did see a sign of fish being shallow they dissapeared , but on the deck rig it was possible to hook fish but not to often in the mouth, it wasnt long before lewis was reaching for his lead rod,  especially as roy opposite was slaying them on the said approach which was nice to see as its a bit of an alien approach for him.
It soon turned into a bit of a purple patch for lewis as he had at least 25 carp in 25 put ins fishing the lead at about 20mtrs, he did try and tell me that the bites were just gentle tugs, I would hate to see the sort of bites he generally gets on the tip as the bites he was getting today were pulling the rod round 2 foot !!!!
so I was well behind,  and once you are behind on thiw lake,  its not very often you can catch up, and with roy still catching and ben hagg on 114 now catching well it only left the section to fish for, the margin line was a none starter,  so no more of that then, I had been feeding 10mm meat at 5 mtrs and I had seen a couple of boils when I fed, so I had a go at slapping on that line, and in a short burst I hooked 3 carp, only 1 properly which I landed losing the other 2 as they were fouled, and I had 5 good skimmers, all this 12 inches deep, bit of food for thought there then, perhaps a pellet approach there would have worked,  but with it also being your meat line for the latter part of the match it may be a hard decision,  perhaps early on tje pellet and a switch to meat in the last half.
I had a couple of fish on the long pole depth rig but foulers were making it hard, even gentle lifting of the rig when the float goes resulted in instantly hooked fish on the deck but very few were moith hooked.
the meat line  improved towards the end with lewis catching well on that, as was ziggy, but I was catching ok on it aswell, so the last part of the match was ok for me, but it was never going to be enough to be a danger to lewis , roy or ben, who looked to be filling the top 3,
towards the end ben was scrabbling around in the edge for what turned oit to be one of his nets which had slipped off the peg post with 10 fish in it, he got it back but it only had 2 fish left in it, I ended up with 21 carp and some nice skimmers and a lonely tench,
when the scales got to me top weight so far was lee pes, peti, pesti, sod it pnut with 169.14 so that was the section gone then, my nets went 159.3, still a nice day by any standards, my only pickup was from ziggy who handed his quid over, in 20 pences, obviously mrs ziggy has cut his pocket money.
then lewis put his 48 carp on the scales for a good weight and first on the day with 309.6, he only put between 8 and 10 fish in his nets but still went over in 3 nets
2nd ben hagg with 259.12, it would have been close if he hadnt been operating an early release policy
3rd roy bomb worth on 116 with 235.2
4th p nut with 169.14 on 130
5th james guy on 118 with 166.6
6th me with 159.3
silvers
giles cochrane on 123 with 48.2 of mainly skimmers of various sizes on various baits
last of my float only leagues on sunday back at viaduct then its the gary wall memorial match at landsend on Monday so ring me at the shop to book in or phone mike at the fishery to book, then next wednesday its back to campbell lake for a pole only,

No comments:

Post a Comment