Total Pageviews

Thursday 28 August 2014

pole only, viaduct fishery, cambell lake

Travelled with trigger and fabio today so the banter was good, slagging loads of people off and putting the world to rights on all subjects from the best breakfast spots to immigration,
at the fishery 14 had booked in, still not great but better than normal, I still cant get my head around the fact no one wants to fish Wednesdays and stand the chance of making a slight profit, yet costcutters on venues like viaduct on thursdays and ivy hiuse on Tuesdays regularly get between 20 and 40, and if you win you hardly cover the cost of travelling there, perhaps its not about the coin anymore and just about a days fishing with the edge of competition.
Back to today and into the draw tin first and iut comes 116, good peg with plenty of fish out in front and the option of a good margin to my right with an overhanging tree, I was next to viaducts shortest 6 foot angler lewis greenwood, on 115 and he was looking a bit confident after the shoeing he gave me the week before, on my right was somersets best milk sucker dave romain,
keeping it simples today as I was going to fish meat at 6 and 13 mtrs and 8mm pellet down to my right , at the start I began at 13 mtrs,  kindering meat whilst feeding the same by hand at 6 mtrs,  I could also just about feed 8mm pellet by hand down to the tree. It was a bit of a slow start and by the end of the first hour I had 4 carp , but as far as I could see no one was catching. Lewis had caught a couple but as is normal he had yet to hook one in the mouth. I spent the first couple of hours at 13 mtrs and was getting the odd fish, but with the 6 mtr line now fizzing a bit , the temptation was to much, so I went in and started catching straight away,  but for some reason most of the fish being cqught today were of a slightly smaller stamp, there were some of the 7 to 10lb fish coming out,  but not as many as normal, I did give the margin a go and had a couple of fish, and I was getting lots of indications,  but the meat line at 6 mtrs was the best, feeding 8mm meat and fish7ng 10mm on a middy 8313 hook to ,18 but I still managed to have 2 rigs ripped off, not really the lines fault as they were almost definitely foulers judging by the ammount of avalon orange hollow elastic being pulled to the middle of the lake,  and thats strong stuff. John howell up on 119 left about halfway through and dave romain went down to the newly vacated swim and began cathing really well, all within a couple of minutes of john leaving,  also lewis had started to catch on his close line, trigger on 123 was also catching as was p nut on 110, but kept catching odd fish right to the end ending up with 40 carp of various sizes, so over 200lb was in the nets, the only person with more carp than me was p nut but his fish were a lot smaller.
It fished really well again and it turned into quite a close affair.
1st was me with 242.14
2nd p nut on 110 with 221lb
3rd lewis greenwood king, on 115 with 216lb
4th trigger edmunds, on 123 with212.8
5thdave romain,  on 118 with 183.2
6th j walvin on 112 with 142.14
silvers with 36.9 was the gimp on 130 with 5 tench a few skimmers and lots of small roach and tiny skimmers on worm and caster

No comments:

Post a Comment