Total Pageviews

Wednesday 23 July 2014

weds open landsend fishery

Another poor turnout with only 9 fishing, I am running one at the sedges on brick lake next weds and after that I wont be doing anymore Wednesdays for a while, tgere are a few places I can go and just turn up and fish , I, fe had aenoigh of chasing round for small matches, so after next week I will probably go to moorlands on the weds as they run over 50, s matches and they generally get 25 or more, hillview do Wednesdays and summerhayes usually get 15 plus, so I, ve got options,
back to today and I let martin alexander draw fo me and I ended uo with peg 8, not a swim I would have chosen but with plenty of room each side it may be ok. Getting to the swim I pleased to see plenty of carp sunnimg themselves,  so the chance for a few muggers may be ok, even though I reckon ots a bit late in the year for it now, it always seems best in late spring/early summer. So I set uo a mugger rig, a depth rig and a rig to fish over towards the far bank,
as I expected at the start the surface fish were hard to tempt, they were very spooky, even shy8mg away from free offerings,  I did manage a few but it was hard, you had to virtually lower the pellet onto there nose, any hard splash and the fish would bolt away, after the first 90 mins and with 6 carp in the net, that was the end of the stalking, the rest of the match was spent between the far side and my right hand margin, it was an enjoyable match apart from the intense heat and I ended up with 30 carp which I thought would go 140lb, all fallimg 4o banded 8mm pellet over 6mm fed with a catty,  in fact the weight was 163.12 for first
2nd and hembrow  on peg 11 with 119.5
3rd steve seager on 2 with 102.15
4th paul attwood, on 19 with 77.8
5th fabio on 24 with 68.8
6th chris fox on 21 with 54.14
silvers went to mart7n alaexander on peg 5 with 34.8 of mainly skimmers on red maggot down the edge.
sunday 10 am running a amtch down at chilton trinity on woodland lake , its an any method match so ring me at the shop on 01179517250 to book in

No comments:

Post a Comment