Total Pageviews

Thursday 10 July 2014

windmill fishery weds match

This was a 2 o clock draw and fish 3 till 9, I hoped it may attract a few extra bodies, but no , only 7 turned up, they get more for there 3 hoir weds evening bashes with a 5 pm draw, so its back to the drawing board for weds matches, but I can see me going down the m5 to summerhayes as tgey seem to get a few more turning up,
into the draw and out comes 24 , an inform peg of late so happy with that, venue professional shaun townsend was on 27 and and the wood carving pixie aka paul elmes was on 22, another weds evening regular.
the biggest draw back with this venue is the wind, even a gentle breeze at home transforms into a howling gale here, today was no different with a strong right to left wind wind making fishing up to the far bank reeds at 15 mtrs really hard work, I set up rigs for 4 mtrs on the deck, a couple of rigs for over , one tight in and another just off in 2 feet of water and a margin rig, at the start I began at 4 mtrs while feed7ng the other lines, I gave it 45 mins for a roach and a skimmer, by now shaun had caught a couple of carp as had paul, so it was a case of going over and battling the wind, starting with the slightly deeper rig down the shelf a bit I had a few liners and lost several foulers, 2 hours in and I was 8 nil down to the carp, much to shauns amusement,  with only the 2 silvers in the net I was eell behind shaun who was catching at 14 mtrs on the deck with pellet, also paul was beat7ng me with several carp, I went down the edge and had 4 quick carp, and that was the end of my margin fishing for the rest of the match, with carp now showin in and along tje front of the reeds I spent the rest of the match try7ng to catch in 12 inches of water,  but it was hard as it was impossible to stop the rig blowing through and fouling fish, with about 90 mins to go the wind began to drop allowing some sensible presentation,  even allowing me to shorten the line abofe the float, and I caught quite well towards the end but never enough to worry shaun or paul, I did end up with over 20 carp but with lots being on the small size it was never going to ne enough, as expected shaun put his venue knowledge to good use catching on pellet at 14 mtrs then towards the end on corn down his left hand margin, also paul had a good run of fish down his right hand margin on pellet, shaun ended up with nearly 90lb and paul had a couple of ounces over 70lb,  my late burst gave me 61lb for 3rd, silvers went to martin rayat on 30 with 13lb of skimmers on meat,
I got to say the last couple of hours were enjoyable , it was only the wind that stopped me catching really, terry works hard and deserves some support,  it was nice only having a 20 min drive to get home, the fish are in good condition and fight hard, thr platforms a good and terry is operating a net and bag cleaning service,  second to none , mime have never been cleaner.
Off to chilton trinity on wildmarsh on sunday, still got a few spaces left, so ring me at the shop ro book in, at chilton, woodland lake is now back open after its brush with khv and its fishing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment