Total Pageviews

Wednesday 12 November 2014

Silvers match, spring lake , baitech viaduct

Only three days left of avon angling, 35 years coming to an end.
Back to today , it was good to get back into lillypool cafe after a couple of dodgy ones at canards well in Shepton,
Only 15 booked in for this one so steve put 12 on spring and 3 on middle, into the draw tin and out comes 19, a good skimmer peg, it was going to be a hard section to win as mark harper was on 16, andy power on 17 and Craig (trigger) Edmunds on 18, not what I would call a shabby line up.
The small open end feeder approach has been scoring well on these pegs recently, but as most of you will know , I don't often chuck a lead about, so I opted for a wag and corn approach, trig had caught a few on it on Cary at the weekend  ,and with a more than manageable wind we both put a wag rod up, well I did after I had scrounged a reel off trig as I had left mine at home, next I put together two pole rigs ,a4x12 to fish to hand on my topkit , and a .4g for skimmers on the deck at 11 and 14 mtrs over groundbait.
At the start I put 2 balls of caster laced g bait at 11 mtrs and 3 at 14mtrs , I started well on my topkit to hand rig, first put in was a 6oz roach, 2nd drop resulted in a 2 1/2 lb hybrid which really pulled the 5 elastic out, then a half ounce roach, and that was my lot on that line for a while, trig by now was out on the wag and had a couple of tidy skimmers , so I l
Followed suite but apart from two missed bites it was totally unproductive for me , trig was still getting odd fish, but I switched to the 11 mtr line and started to pick a few fish off, but they were proving to be hard to tempt, I am sure there were plenty of skimmers in the peg as there were lots of bubbles coming up in the feed area, lots of us today had these bubbles but couldn't tempt to many onto the hook, it was just odd fish going into the net and going into the last hour and trig was ahead by a few pounds by my reckoning, but I had a good last hour putting 7 more skimmers into the net to triggers two so I reckoned on just being ahead of him by the all out, andy on 17 had struggled and been plagued by small fish, but mark on 15. Had had some good perch down his margin and some skimmers on the feeder and pole during the match, in the end it was mark who came first on the day with 36.3 off peg 16, catching his perch and some ice roach down his right hand margin on single and double caster, in second was ziggy slowisnki on 32 in middle lake with 35.4
3rd was me with 33.13
4th Gary webber on 37 with 31.11
5th steve kedge on 2 with 30lb
6th trig Edmunds on 18 with 28.1
Back to viaduct again on Sunday for round three of the silvers league which is on Cary, lodge and spring lakes, and with the weather staying mild it should fish ok.
Next Wednesday there is a match at landsend fishery 9am draw , ring mike at the fishery on 07977545882 or ring me on 07974807941 to book in, DONT ring the shop after Saturday as the lights may be on but no one will be home !!!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment