Total Pageviews

Sunday 9 November 2014

Todber series , round 2

This is going to be the last week with the shop open, proper sad time,
Went to canards well pub again for breakfast today, second one on the trot that wasn't to good, back to shipham this week, it will be good to be back. We only just made it in time for the draw, and a few were a bit late.
I was in A section today which was peg 1 to 11, on recent form a draw down the arm would be nice on pegs one to five, into the draw tin and out comes peg, now that's about as far as you can get down the arm, I had dan white for company on peg three, and he was running two hours late as he had been to a two year olds birthday party the night before and had obviously over done the haribo,s.
We had frost to deal with , so I based my attack round maggots micros and soft pellets, so I set a 4x12  rig for 11 mtrs and a rig for the far bank and a margin rig, At the star I fed all ones with mags and or micros, I started on the 11 mtr line on soft pellet, and I was suprised to have to wait 20 mins for a bite, normally on this prolific venue bites a instant from the start, the fishery seems to missing its f1,s or they are just not hungry, the bite was from a big perch , probably a shade over 2lb, a nice fish but not what I was expecting on soft pellet. The peg today never really got going , I had another big perch  down my left had margin, another along the the end bank and 9 carp and a crucian on mainly corn tight to the far bank, even dan beat me today and he gave me a two hour start, the weight got better as it went to the right in the section, dan had 40 plus , bela had 50 plus, Tim Clark had 70 nick merry 80 , so I think the fish had moved back into the open water , that's my excuse and I am sticking to it !!,
The match was won on 38 again by Roland Lucas with 112 lb , I think he caught mainly on maggot fished shallow.
Two trips to viaduct now with a silvers match on spring lake Wednesday , ring the fishery on 01458274022 to book in for that , and on Sunday it's the 3rd round of the silvers league , so hopefully plenty of bites in both matches

No comments:

Post a Comment