Total Pageviews

Sunday 19 April 2015

Short pole series round 1

Back at chilton trinity again this year for this 4 match series where we are just allowed to use down as far as your number 6 section, all very fair, I thought it was popular last year with 24 fishing, but this year I am up to 28 fishing , so not to many empty pegs as there are only 34 on the lake, at least the fish wouldn't have to many hiding places, unless they decided to stay at 8 mtrs and beyond, only one no show , but that was down to family illness, and he sent his pools anyway , top man.
I let misha draw my peg and she gave me peg 29 which is the peg straight across the bridge , shortest walk aswell, for company I had Clayton Hudson on 30 and rod wootten on 28 but he was the first peg in the next section. My section was from me round to peg 6 on the far bank which was occupied by Pete nurse , and in between was Martin McMahon on 4, the gimp on 3, steve Seager on 2 and I felt the danger man in the section was Tim ford on 32 with some room around him, and with the wind blowing into his end I really fancied his peg for a bit of margin work, rigs today were a hard pellet rig  (4x18)  at the limit of the pole length , a meat rig for 4 mtrs(1grm) and a hard pellet rig for the margin to my left as I had a nice depth tight in of about 3 foot.
At the start I fed the three line and started at max pole depth on a banded 6mm over hard 4,s. I fouled and lost a carp first put in , then caught a few skimmers , but not really well enough to be a threat to the silvers pool, opposite in the flatter warmer water people started catching some fish shallow , especially bela bakos who was still trying to perfect his random slapping technique, by the halfway mark I had caught three carp, one down the edge , one at max length on pellet and I hooked an 8lb fish in the fin on the meat line , which came to the net like a kitten, opposite the anglers were catching well ,either shallow or down the edge, tim ford came up for a walk , moaning as he only had 1 carp and a few silvers, by now mr McMahon was winning the section but with a couple of hours left Tim and me began to get a  few down the edge , as did steve Seager, it wasn't hectic but I was getting enough indications to keep me interested fishing banded 8 mm pellet over 6,s, by the end I thought I had about 70lb, and as I was the first to weigh I wasn't to disappointed to plonk 77lb exactly on the scales, but I new Tim had beaten me as he was saying he had 90lb , he actually weighed 96.5, which was a good weight but I new mike nicholls on 15 would probably have more as he seemed to be catching all day, and that's how it turned out with mike winning on the day with 117.9 of peg 15, he had a lot of small roach n caster down his edge till the carp arrive , then he switched to paste over hard 4,s to keep the carp coming
2nd was Tim ford on 32 with hs 96.5
3rd Paul elmes on10 with 94.13
4th bela bakos on 12 with 88lb
5th trig Edmunds on 20 with 84.3
6th me on 29 with 77lb
Silvers
Dave Evans on 19 with 18.4
Chris fox on 27 with 16.5
I wad a bit concerned that we had to many on the lake but the weights today seem to prove that it may have been a good thing as the fish were all over the lake, and being no one could fish long there were no issues with people around you.

















2 comments: