Total Pageviews

Thursday 30 April 2015

Thursday costcutter, avalon

Firstly a request from mike duckett down at landsend fishery, he has applied for planning for an on site cafe ,so he would appreciate some positive comments on the sedgmoor planning dept wed site , so go to the sedgemoor district council, check the latest applications and use ref 50/15/00030 to find mikes application and leave a comment ,
I am running a match there n Sunday on match and number 3 lake so ring me at veals on 01179260790 or on my mobile 07974807941 to book in , it's a 9.30 draw fish 11 till 5,
Back to today we had 16 booked in so not to bad really, I let dave Poole draw for me and he handed me peg 23 which is the corner peg up in the top left hand corner, for company dave Poole drew opposite on 24 and I had Alan oram on 21, out and out pellet attack today , 6,s over 4,s on the long pole (14.5 mtrs) a right hand margin rig for the right hand side against a hay bale , another against the left hand end bank on the deck which was 4 ft deep tight in and a shallow rig for fishing in the reeds as last time I was here that seemed to be the way to go, I set up the pellet wag as I had the end of the island to fish to as 22 wasn't in, I should have known better as there was already a couple of wags about a mtr off the island , showing underwater snags were present , at the start I began on the 14 mtr line after feeding all other swims and firing some 8,s towards the island , bites were instant and I was catching hand size skimmers from the off, plus a few better ones up to a pound, after 30 mins I decided to try the wag but after three chucks it was now residing just off the island with the two others, I never made it up again, I went back out on the long pole line and had some nice skimmers/bream , it was a bit of a waiting game for bites but it was worth it, a quick look down the left hand margin at 12 mtrs gave me two quick carp and only small ones at that , and that was the last of my bites there , so I cupped in some at 16 mtrs along the bank and went down the the right hand side, I hooked two carp, landing the first and losing the second in a snag and apart from a skimmer in the tail that was the end of any action there. There were some fish along the left hand side but I entered a proper torrid stage of the match, every fish I hooked ended up snagging me , it felt like line running along parallel with the bank, as the fish were swimming back and fro but I couldn't get them past it, the deep rig was a no no and the shallow rig wasn't much better, , then about an hour from the end I landed a carp that had snagged me and it came in with a load of old heavy line wrapped around it and after that I hardly lost a thing , but I must have lost 20 hooks in snags and snagged fish , and I hate tying hooks, I ended up with 30.8 of skimmers and 42.5 of carp which was good enough for second on the day, two pots glen bailey was top weight on the day with 109 . 8 off peg 19. Catching some on paste and some on the wag
3rd ray white 59.5 on peg 3
4th Adrian jeffery on peg 30 with 57.4
5th mike nicholls on peg 5 with 56.4
6th Clayton Hudson on 7 with 55.9
Silvers went to mike nicholls with 36.12













No comments:

Post a Comment