Total Pageviews

Friday 24 April 2015

Thursday coffin dodgers and disabled, huntstrete

Well this ain't going to take to long, after a nice all you can eat at the maesknoll carvery (3.99) it was off for the 10 minute drive to the fishery, into the carpark and the normal fossils relics and Chris Rolfe were there (he must have lost the viaduct post code from his sat nav, and not been able to reset it ),  after match organiser and the only person there older than god mike jones had finished his pre match speech, ably assisted by Martin Alexander it was draw time , I really wanted to avoid 19 again , and I did ,getting about as far as I could from it , ending up on 33 which was end peg on the far bank today. I really fancied it although I would have preferred a peg where I could fish to an island, I had fished peg 27 on Tuesday and in a little over 4 hours I had 30lb plus of silvers and 16 carp , the silvers at 5 mtrs and the carp against the island, everything on hard pellet, so with that in mind I set up a pellet rig which was ok for the 5 mtr line and three spots at 13 mtrs which was about as far as I fancied fishing as there is a 30 foot hill very close behind the peg making breaking down difficult , and as it's the same depth it never seems to matter, and as I was the end peg I set up a meat rig for the left hand margin to fish 5 and 11 mtrs along the edge, on the all in I fed all 4 pellet lines and some meat down the edge, starting on the 5 mtr line it took 10 mins to get a fish which was a small skimmer, I then had a short run of fish which included a 3lb tench and it all looked good for about 30 mins, then it stopped, out to 13 mtrs and no bites  I did catch an odd skimmer from the long lines , I was being careful (as much as I am able ) with e feed but nothing was happening so towards the end of the match I really started upping the feed on all my lines  which gave me a bit of fizzing on the long lines but it was carp as I was getting some indications which I think were liners, I did hook two carp in the last15 mins , one on the long line which stole my hook and another down the edge which came off , both foulhooked, then match over (thank god) and my measly 10lb was obviously not good enough, FairPlay to Glynn sage to my right , he plodded along on single red maggot over micros for a nice 27lb net of silvers which I think was enough to give him 3rd in the silver, the match was won by Chris Rolfe on 17 with 88lb I think , full results are on mike nicholls blog.
Walking around the lake there were a lot of letter B,s sprayed on several platforms , I asked John the bailiff  what it was for only to be informed they were to be dedicated bivvie  platforms, interesting that one as the seem to be removing as many carp as they can lol.
Next Thursday me and mike a running another one at Avalon again , so anyone who wants to come along ring me or mike at the shop on 01179260790 or text me on 07974807941.







No comments:

Post a Comment