Total Pageviews

Saturday 17 October 2015

Viaduct silvers all winners final

I travelled down with Chris fox to this one , just to make sure he turned up to have one of the shit pegs, lol. So after the normal hot and tasty brekkie in shipham in the lillypool cafe it was off to viaduct for the draw, 46 were fishing and most of the talk was hoping for. The preferred pegs in the middle of lodge or themed 120,s on Campbell , no real mention of Cary except for trying to avoid 80, but we didn't have to worry as Bob gullck who managed  to push in front of the old boys in the draw queue pulled that out of the tin, serves him right 😂😂.
Shame Paul elmes didn't suffer a similar fate , but he pulled 78. Which is a Cary peg you always got t fancy.
I went into the tin and out pops 119, a nice carp peg but really lacking in any silvers form for a while now, so only the section or go for realistically , but with steve kedge on 116, client wojtyla on 123 and Gary Oshea on 126, which is where he had a good weight on Thursday. So I had my work cut out.
Rigs were as simple as ever 3 to make up, a .2g for down my right hand margin, which s a good depth and historically is good for tench and good perch, but recently it ain't , then I made up a .3 for top set  and 1 and also for 13 mtrs at 2 o,clock angle to my right and a .25 Corby pencil for 13 mtrs in front, double bulked for skimmers hopefully .
At the start I put a small ball of caster laced groundbait at 4 mtrs , 3 at 13 mtrs in front and 2 on the angle, loose fed some caster down the edge, starting at 4 mtrs feeding caster I was soon catching small roach in the 1/2 to 1 oz range , not. My favourite size fish, but at least something was going in the net, I gave it 45 mins And with no fish of any quality , I binned that line , well not totally binned I kept feeding it and had the occasional go on it but the size of fish stayed the same. Out at 13 mtrs and I couldn't get a bite to begin with, but after about 20 mins I started to get a few hand size skimmers,
But as has been normal here of late it's a case of catching a 2 or 3 then refeding and going to the other line and repeating the process, so although it wasn't fast and furious it was interesting with enough bites and indications to hold my attention, unfortunately my margin line only seemed to hold the same small roach I was getting at 4 mtrs so that was a waste of a hook then, so. I spent most of the match on the two 13 mtrs lines , I did. Get 4 good skimmers and two tench, one good one and the other a small stockie one , plus a good number of hand size fish, at the end I thought I may have 17lb ish bit after a quick look I thought 20 was a better bet, I new I had beaten the anglers in my section opposite but steve kedge had 7 tench on 116 plus other. Silvers, steve was first to weigh in our section  and put 20.7 on the scales, I got my net out and it looked close but I just edged it with 22.15, it was the 3lb er I had 5 mins from the end , Mr kedge now owes me 2 quid , perhaps I can talk him into double or quits tomorrow in the second round of the silvers league ,
Today's winner and going home 750 quid better off was mark saunders on peg 112 with 35.01 of mainly good skimmers on caster at 6 mtrs,
2nd was gabe skarba on 99 with 32.06. So all the good skimmers are far from dead in Cary
3rd steve den dad on 129 with 29.01
4th Andy power on 68 with 28.11
5th steve tucker on 110 with 26.04
6th Paul elmes on 78 with 26.03
Back tomorrow for the second round of the silvers league, then it's harescombe on Thursday for there costcutter, then next Sunday I am running an open at land send fishery so phone or txt me on 07974807941 to book in for Sunday, if you fancy harescombe just be at the fishery before the &Sam draw time













No comments:

Post a Comment