Total Pageviews

Sunday 20 December 2015

Landsend fishery , loyalty match

A bit of extra cash in the pot today as 13 of us had been paying a pound every visit to the fishery during the year , till we get to 15 quid then it was capped , so on top of the daily pools Mike was going to pay out top three and top two in silvers out of the extra.
Into the draw tin and outcomes 19, not to bad then , although it hast had a win off it recently it is a peg with more than a little form lol.
Company wise I had the gimp on 18 and trigger on 21. Only three rugs today , two pellet rigs, one for just up the far island shelf and one for on top of the said shelf, and a meat rig for. 9 mtrs.
At the start I cupped in some meat at 9 mtrs and began firing some 4mm pellets across towards the island and into the gap of the islands. It was just about now that Adrian Jeffrey returned after going home to get his holdall he had inadvertently left on his drive, it must be posh where he lives , no one nicked it.
Trig next to me had a fish before Adrian got to his peg, using his beloved meat at 13 mtrs, I started on the pellet across, but it was a bit slow, by the end of the first hour I had 2 f1,s and a roach , where's trig was on about 4 carp , and Ken rayner was also doing well on peg 7 fishing the far side on pellet, and Paul elmes on 16 also had a couple on meat at 6 mtrs, but for the rest it was hard going.
I was really. Struggling to catch carp, I did foul a couple , but I wasn't even getting liners to any degree, as can be a problem on this peg, so I don't think there were lots of carp in residence , I kept an odd f1 going into the net and as they count as silvers here !!!!, I thought I may sneak the silver prize. I did get a few carp in the last couple of hours fishing on top of the island shelf but it was always to little to late as trig and Ken caught odd carp all through , and by the end they were both admitting to 80lb ish , so it was going to be tight for top spot . As it turned out Ken just did enough putting 88.9 in the scales.
One fish behind in second was Craig Edmunds with 84lb
3rd Paul elmes on 16 with 67.15
4th was me with 62lb including the top silvers weight of 16.9,
5 th Mike duckett and kev molten both with 22.2
Back down there again this Thursday for a costcutter  9am draw , ring or St me on 07974807941 to book in or ring or text Mike at the fishery on 07977545882 to book.



No comments:

Post a Comment