Total Pageviews

Sunday 13 December 2015

Viaduct silvers league , final match

Travelled down with Chris fox today and after the normal nice brekkie at lillypool cafe, it was off to the fishery, there were a few no shows today , which as far as the payout goes didn't matter as the pools for the last match are paid as part of the entry fee, it's just a bit annoying having empty pegs as people get points they might not have ordinarily had ,
I was early into the draw as is my want , and out comes 126 on the far bank of Campbell, definitely no complaints from me on that one , proper flyer for silvers. I needed a section win to stand any chance of winning the league, and I still had to rely on Sam Powell and Dan squire having a bit of a blow out, Dan drew 99 so he was on a good peg, and Sam was on 66, which to be fair hasn't been to bad for a few fish in the series so far but he was up against some better pegs,
Getting to my peg I had Mark leahay on 127, Andy power on 128 ,Alan or am on 129 and ziggy slowinski on 132, peg 130 wasn't drawn, the other side of me on 125 and in the other section was Nick chedzoy, so good company .
Chatting to Gary oshea after the draw he told me he won the silvers the day before off my peg with 21 lb of skimmers on corn on the wag, he said it was to windy to do anything else, so with that in mind I set a wag on the new shimano beastmaster 11 ft wag rod with a 3aaa float and a 18 middy 6313 on .12 . Two pole rigs today, nearly identical except one was 4x12 and the other 4x14. Both with my favourite middy size 18 6313 hooks on .10. At the start I cupped in three balls of caster laced groundbait on the 11 mtr line and the same at 14 mtrs, leaving that to settle I picked up the wag rod slipped a piece of corn on and slung it out, almost straight away mark nailed a 3lb tench on his short pole line, on a worm head I think, so up against it early on, I missed a couple of tentative bites before connecting with stench of my own , but it looked half the size of marks. After 30 mins and only a couple me iffy indications I was reaching for the pole , straight out into the 11 mtr line with a caster on and the float settled and went straight under, a good start with a 3 lb bream safely netted, followed by several smaller samples, thus ensued a nice match with small skimmers being obliging, lots of 6 oz fish, I did get a couple more better ones during the match and another tench, I also had a nice 2lb goldfish on the wag when I tried it again at. The halfway stage , very welcome as proper goldfish. Count as silvers. Bite were very iffy as there was no wind , just for a change , so although the rigs were set up for double bulks but lifters were virtually none existent, so I found it best to fish as close to dead depth as poss with the float dotted down and most bites going under , Mark started to catch a few better skimmers towards the end and I felt I needed a couple more bonuses, which luckily I had in the shape of a better tench and one of my 3 better skimmers 2 mins from the end, Andy power had really struggled as had Alan pram the other side of the spit, ziggy on 132 was admitting to a nice day wag and caster fishing , and he was first to weigh and plonked 19.12 on the scales, Alan had 9 plus, Andy had 14 something and Mark had 18, then I put 27.2 on the scales for a section win and first overall on the day,
2nd went to Bob gullick on 119 with 24.2
3rd Fred Roberts on 62 (I think)with 22.2
4th Roland Lucas on 110 with 20.12
5th Craig Edmunds on 96 with 20.8
6th ziggurat slowinski on 132 with 19.12
A nice close frame really, makes it interesting , no one running away with it.
Final placing
1st Sam Powell with 6 points dropping a 3 pointer, well done to him as he won his section off not to good a peg really
2nd was me also on 6 points but dropping a 4
3rd Dan squire on 7 points
4th Dom Sullivan on 9 points dropping a 3
5th Bob gullick on 9 points but dropping a 4
And 6th and last in the money was steve kedge also on 9 points but dropping a 5
As normal this was a well run league as most matches at this venue tend to be , so well done to steve for doing another good job.









No comments:

Post a Comment