Total Pageviews

Sunday 28 August 2016

Float only final round

After the top breakfast at cafe Fox, and very nice again to, cooked by Caroline, Chris and me were soon on our way to viaduct fishery for the last round, I had 4 dominate non shows so I decided to leave a peg out of each section on Cary, mainly as it hasn't been fishing as well as Campbell, all the payouts stayed the same as the pools had already been paid at the first match for the last round, I do this mainly to ensure I have money in the pot to to call on in case of a no show, then the offender has to pay his pools again to fish the last round.
Back to the draw and I let top draw bag merchant Neil Mercer draw for me and he handed me peg 129, on the Carpark side of the spit on Campbell, happy with that, only problem was I had trig (on fire) Edmunds on 128, the only good thing was I couldn't see him due to the trees and bushes in between us. I did get a pic of trig before the start getting ready to win another match., but my tablet is playing up and I can't access my pictures to put up.
This end of the lake was hard the day before but fish have fins and do move and luckily they seemed to have today, I had and interesting match catching on most pole rigs today I had some shallow and on the deck at 13 mtrs on pellet, some on meat at 6 mtrs then against the spit in the last hour on pellet, I thought I would have about 185lb , but Steve Tucker on 132 in my section was going to over 200lb, so I was looking at 2nd in section which was no good to give me any chance of getting in the overall league placing, trig thought he may just squeak the 200lb barrier, and he did winning the match with 230.6, meaning he has won his section in each round, also winning 4 of the matches along the way, fairplay top angler doing the business.
2nd went to Steve Tucker with 223.9
3rd was me with 196.12
4th Nick Brown on 110 with 191.4, his best match weight to date so well done Nick
5th Fred Roberts on 121 with 188.15
6th Dan white on 118 with 183.14
Silver's
Paul faiers on 111 with 34.2
Glen Calvert on 124 with 32.3
Overall league
Craig Edmunds 25 points (max) weight 1040lb £285
Steve Tucker 23 pts 585.1.  £235
Tom mangnal 23pts 520.8 £160
Neil Mercer 22pts 599.1.  £110
Chris Davis 22pts 531.6.   £70
Dave white 22pts 431.12. £50
It was a good league this year with some good anglers and enjoyable company, dates are done for next year , I will send them to everyone who fished this year to give them the first option to fish again.
Big thanks to Steve Evans for working the results out , he makes sure ever thing runs nice and smooth, well done mate, roll on next year.
Off to Landsend tomorrow for the Gary wall memorial match, can't wait.

Managed to get my pics back this morning , so here's me increasing trig winnings by an extra quid, like he really needed it, I will just have to make do with having more hair then .

No comments:

Post a Comment