Total Pageviews

Tuesday 9 August 2016

Tuesday costcutter acorn fishery

Had a new chef at cafe Fox today ,in the shape of Chris Fox, it wasn't to bad but Caroline is better.
After the brekkie it was off to the fishery with plenty of spare time, 27 fishing today so that was good then.
I was second into the ping pong bag and pulled out 36, its thrown up a couple of decent weights in the last couple of matches , so I hoped I could continue the trend today, for company I had Mike laird on 37 and Bob gullick on 34, he must think there is a bridge on ever peg at this venue as he is always sat next to one .
It's quite a narrow peg with it just being over 11 mtrs to the far bank, it also has a couple of nice looking margins , plus a reed bed by the empty pallet to my left.

Rigs today were a pellet rig over to the far side against the island, a shallow rig for against the aerater, as a few fish are known to shelter beneath it, a pellet rig for down to the left towards the reed bed and pallet, and a rig for maggot down the edge each side over groundbait.
Match started and I began on the shallow rig against the aerater after feeding the other lines, I missed a couple of quick bites and that was my lot on that rig , so no more about that then, also another rig not to mention was the rig down by the pallet and reeds as I never had a bite on that either.
Over to the far side but the fish seemed to be very cagey today, possibly due to the colder nite or it may have been the bright sunshine and flat calm not helping, either way the fish were very spooky, plus the banks have had a good haircut and scrape meaning no cover on the far side, my swim never really got going , the margins were just as difficult as I only managed 4 fish from the right hand side and none from the left, although odd fish could be seen in the margins they proved hard to tempt, I had more off the far bank but never enough to be a threat to anyone today, Bob on 34 had caught well as had Chris Fox the other side of the bridge on 33, at the end I reckoned on 60lb and wasn't to far out with 65.10, Bob was admitting to 70lb but I thought he had closer to 100lb, and he did as his net's went 104lb, now the fun began as the fishery now has a 70lb net limit, and if you go over the 70 Mark you get nothing , poor old Bob only went and put 70.4 pounds in one net, meaning he only weighed 34 lb, lol the quid side bet was mine, I'm still laughing now, look at the sheepish grin on him in the photo.
He would have been second aswell, I'm still laughing 😂😂😂
1st went to the consistent Steve Shaw on peg 15 with 107.10
2nd Jake Alden on 27 with 103.14
3rd Chris Fox on 33 with 93.6
4th Chris Ray on 5 with 93.1
5th Glen Bailey on 4 with 84.2
6th norm sterry on 18 with 70.3

No comments:

Post a Comment