Total Pageviews

Sunday 14 August 2016

Float only rnd 5 shiplate farm

Well it was back to this nice fishery for this round, Steve and Carol let us use all lakes so i put 10 on both west pool and Hawthorn, 16 on the main lake and a section of 5 on the squircle.
I let Nick chedzoy draw for me and he handed me 7 on west pool, this lake is a long canal shape lake , which is 16 mtrs at its widest, which happened to be my peg.
For company I had Ashton vales finest in the shape of Steve seager on 6 and Chris Davis on 9  so plenty of laughs with Chris and the normal good mannered banter with Steve.
Rigs today were a pellet rig for across tight, another one for just down the slope across, a meat rig for 5 mtrs but it was never used as I kept an eye on other people trying it , but it only gave a few fish across the whole fishery, so I never picked it up.
And a maggot rig for over groundbait down the edge.
At the start I fed all lines but began across on banded 8 over 6,s, it all began a bit hard for me as I couldn't get a bite let alone catch anything , whereas Mr seager was catching from the off, and needles to say was letting me know all about it, 2 hours in and I was well behind, I had managed to mug a few passing fish , but I was always trying to catch Steve up but was failing miserably, and Steve was definitely having a bit of a gloat, I did remind him it was a marathon and not a Sprint,
During the 4th hour I decided to switch to maggot on the hook just to try something different, why I didn't try it earlier is obeying me , a bit of bad angling methinks, as it was like putting the light on ,I began mugging a few as the slower falling bait was more to there liking, also I was getting more proper bites against the far bank, I was slowly winding Steve in as I had a few bigger fish.
It was about this time I had a visit for Nick chedzoy who was up on 9a , now Nick is a good river angler but he was having a bit of difficulty with some fish identification, he wasn't sure if the small fish he was getting were small chubby or grass carp, perhaps he needs to put a fish id book on his Xmas list.
I had a good spell which bought me back into contention for the section, by the end it was tough to call, Steve had more fish than me but I had some better ones, and it was those bigger ones that proved the difference as I had 105lb to Steve's 92, but he took it well.
Note the tight lipped grimace.
As for the overalls today, there was only going to be one winner today, as the Craig Edmunds steamroller keeps going and today was his day again, as he beat the lake record with 222.14 off peg 14, catching on paste at 13 mtrs
2nd was Beal bakos on peg 6 Hawthorn with 208.12, which is also a lake record
3rd Jason Radford on peg 15 main lake 142.12
4th Glen Bailey on peg 14b main lake with 132lb, beaten both sides on his favourite method lol
5th John fuidge on peg 2 main lake  with 129.5
6th Tom mangnal on 13 Hawthorn with 108.14
Silver's
Paul faiers on 12 main lake with 22.12 of mainly whitebait
2nd went to John Bradford on peg 4 main lake with 16.8
All in all it fished really well, with Mike Nicholls also breaking th watch record on the squircle with 71.12.
Next Sunday its the last match of the short pole series at Chilton trinity, I will have a couple of spaces so contact me on 07974807941 to book in

No comments:

Post a Comment