Total Pageviews

Sunday 25 September 2016

Chilton trinity, woodlands lake

After a bit of a well worth detour for breakfast at the copper kettle cafe in w s mare with Chris Fox and Jason Radford it was off to the fishery, only 14 of us fishing today as there was quite a bit on at various venues today .
Still at least it meant plenty of room, with all but one having an empty peg each side, misha drew for me again today and it must be said this girl has got a golden arm as she handed me 22, certainly a swim I would have picked as a first choice, its the end peg on the near bank going into a corner, I've drawn that many corners lately, I think I may change my name to Jack, lol.
Company wise I had kev molten on 24 and "our Dave" Dave Evans on peg 18.
Four rigs today, a shallow and deep rig for 13 mtrs in front, another for 13 mtrs to my right down the near side slope and another for the margins each side.
All rigs were to fish pellets, 8mm banded mover 6,s on the long lines , and banded 8mm over 8,s in the margins.
This is going to turn into a short blog now as I want to watch the darts, so I'm going to say I had a nice steady match catching odd fish on all rigs and lines , I even had a big eel which I foulhooking in the tail, which was going to prove crucial at the end, I had some nice looking fish today including a nice mirror which had a purple sheen to it and a massive tail for its size (6lb).
The picture doesn't do the colour justice really, by the end I thought i had 115lb , but Tom mangnal on peg 2 had caught well as had Dave on 18, so the scales would tell, Tom had 122.8 , and the only other person to break the ton by the time the scales got to me was Dave Evans with 101.13,
My carp went 121.4 but luckily my eel went a level 3lb to give me 124.4  and the win (I love eels), Tom took it well being snigged into second place , and Dave was third
4th Chris Fox on 6 with 79.15
5th Gordon canning on 15 with 77lb, and he won the silver's with 16.4
6th Mike west on 26 with 75.2


No comments:

Post a Comment