Total Pageviews

Monday 4 September 2017

3 of 9 Landsend mini tourney

A bit gutted for Mike at the fishery, last week he had 18 booked in, come the day only 7 fishing, lots of cry offs, some more than legitimate, and the others , well who knows, anyway some one has to win it, after di,s delicious breakfast, it was draw time, into the bucket out comes peg 1, not a peg that has featured much in recent times, but with 24 opposite being the form peg I thought a few might be about, venue regular Russ peck was opposite on the flyer, next peg to my right was occupied by trig ,peg 5, not a peg you would want to give to an angler like trig, luckily he was only fishing today as an open, he never had the best of starts to his day as he put 40squids worth of unleaded into his diesel Peugeot, he topped it up with some of the right stuff , but it certainly didn't like it., any back to peg 1 and I've got my personal photographer with me for the week, so no doubt we will be getting plenty of pictures of judiths foot (just for you Jimmy Norris).
Plenty of options in the peg so I set up pellet rigs to fish in the right hand margin, the island in a couple of spots, and along the left hand margin, also a meat rig at 5 mtrs, as I've already said these may be short blogs, at the start I began over towards the island but apart from a couple of foulers , the fish didn't seem to be down this end , especially as I could here fish being caught further up the lake, even Steve seager was catching judging by his constant chatting, and huffing and puffing lifting fish out, he sounded like a slightly slimmer mark poppleton, LOL.
Russ opposite was also struggling, it wasn't really till about 2 hours in when things began to happen, but it was to late by now and my fish were on the small side, but at least I was getting some sport, but by now trig was flying, catching on pellet against the island, but later in the match his right hand margin really took off, my best area was against the island slightly to my right at 16 mtrs in about 8 inches off water.
I never had a fish from the left hand margin , which I thought was going to be the banker area, also on the meat I had a perch and a roach, I had 5 carp from the margin, but again they were on the small side, Russ opposite had begun catching, and his fish were certainly bigger than mine.
By the end I had 100lb on my.clicker so I expected just under that , and I did as I had 97lb, trig won on the day with a mighty 280lb, with Lewis Jones on 19 coming second with 150lb, this will be my dropper I hope .LOL.
Mike duckett won the silver's on peg 11 with 32lb, all on hard pellet, nice.
Lake three tomorrow and I can't afford to lose another wheel, but its a funny old game and anything can happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment