Total Pageviews

Sunday 3 September 2017

Short pole series , last round. 2 from9

With the promise of wind and rain all day this could be a miserable day, went into Burnham on sea to try and find the new site for hilltop cafe, didn't find it so we ended up in the crusty cafe, it had loads of good reviews on the net, so hopeful of a good one, the best thing i can say about it was that it was open and the coffee was good, 3.25.
Got ton the fishery and I had managed to maintain a ful house , with the help of a few reserves, so thanks to them, I don't really understand why people book to fish a series then let you down towards the end, I'm sure if those same people were in contention they would be moaning about stay a ways affecting daily payouts and the league overalls, I'm not the only match/league organiser who suffer with these problems, and we all find it a tad annoying.
Moan over.
I let Lily (Tom and misha,s little girl) draw.for me , and she handed me 18 which was on the top bank, at least we had a bit of shelter from the wind and rain, so Judith was happy as her waterproof coat is no longer waterproof, a call to shh will be made this week, but after missing a few outings with me lately it was good to have her with me again.
For company I had Joe McMahon on 19 and rod Wooten on 17
As I said yesterday these blogs may be a bit short .
We started at 10.45 and I never landed a fish till about 1 o'clock so it was looking a bit dodgy as I needed to end up at least 2nd in my section to guarantee me winning the league for the second year running, and when I did land one it wasn't even a proper carp, it was a fantail, a bit exotic but it was more than welcome.
As the match went on began i to put a few fish in the net, a few foulers were a nuisance, but by the end I had 6 carp and the fantail for about 35 lb , at worst 3rd in section but it was tight between me and rod, Paul faiers 15 won the section with 50lb and I was second , so job done for the league.
1st on the day was Glen Dailey on 11 with 71.6
2nd Emma Drysdale on 32 with 71.2
3rd Dave Evans on 33 with 69.15
4th Beal bakos on 2 with 51.4
5th Paul faiers on 15 with 50.14
6th Jason Radford on 23 with 41.10
K/o Jason Radford with 41.10
Silver's on the day
Dave (again) Lewis 20.13 on peg 14
2nd Mike Nicholls on peg 7 with 12.6
Overall league
Tony rixon 23 pts
Jason Radford 21 pts
Gordon canning 20 pts
Joe McMahon 19 pts
Off to Landsend fishery tomorrow for the start of there week long mini festival, should be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment