Total Pageviews

Thursday 7 September 2017

6 of 9 lake three, landsend

Judith drew for me again today, and her drawing arm didn't disappoint, peg 58, last peg used on the far bank, a good peg with plenty of options, good margins left and right and an island to go at, I got Judith comfy and went about sorting my rigs.
I set a margin rig for my topset only.to my left, another to my right but at 11 mtrs, one for off the point of the island and another just down to the left along the island where a bit of bank had collapsed in, pellet was the bait of choice on all lines, the meat seems to have taken a bit of a back seat lately.
I began on the corner of the island, but it was a bit quiet, I did lose a couple of foulers, de ja vue, then I saw a fish co mind towards me.so I slapped my shallow margin rig on it and it took it, big fish aswell, probably 12lb, good start , and I needed it as Russ peck on 62 was already on 4 fish, but I kept my head down and kept rotating round my.swim, catching in all areas, but the left hand short margin and the far bank where the collapsed bank was.

All the time I was catching I could hear Russ doing the same, so by the end I thought he had just beaten me, when the scales got to me 80lb was winning , that was Nick duckett on 51 , I thought I may have 180lb but the scales read 169, Russ was admitting to 150lb so I new it was going to be close , and it was as he had 167lb, to close for comfort , tomorrow we are back on the match lake , so let's hope Judith drawing arm comes good again.
Me and Judith turned our kit around and sat on a peg on lake 4 after.the weigh in, as there are some nice fish in here, and we weren't disappointed as Judith had six carp with the biggest two both going about 15lb, a common and a mirror, making for a nice pair, so well done to her, its good to see her enjoying it ,
And I got my pictures back tonite 

No comments:

Post a Comment