Total Pageviews

Tuesday 17 July 2018

Acorn costcutter, tuesday

I was meant to be going to Barston with Chris fox to fish a fundraiser match for the ladies England team, as they are.self funding and need all the funds they can muster to help them compete,  but our oldest dog is struggling, and last night and this morning she didn't seem to good, but she is 13 1/2 and that is quite old for the breed, (large munsterlander), so Judith managed to get her booked in with the vet at 12.30, so I decided to go to acorn, so if I needed to get home quickly it's only 30mins away , not.The 2 1/2 hours it would be from barston, felt a bit guilty letting Chris down on the morning, but some things are.more important, and he understood as he's a dog person aswell.
got to acorn in plenty of time.For the draw, and found 26 fishing, quite a few more than normal. Soon draw time and I got into Ray bazeley,s ball bag of doom early, and saw ball 7 looking back at me, a nice peg but with peg 5 in aswell, which is opposite and slightly to the left, I thought it may upset the far bank, in the  eat holes where I like fishing, but it was a nice short walk from the van !!!.
 its.a nice.looking peg with with a  good looking far bank, if not a tad shallow at about 6inches. But I don'don't mind shallow water.
And the left hand margin looked good, with nice depth of 15 inches close to the bank, just a topset and one distance away.
So rigs today were all pellet orientated, one for the far side in the shallow water, another for the left hand margin, another for the deep water slightly to the left on topset and two, and another about  five feet off the bank to my left,
The whistle.went and I went straight in on the down the track rig, there were fish there , but it was hard to pin them down, they were coming up in the water, but hard to catch, I had one carp, which I had shallow , and a few silvers, then going into the second hour they seemed to settle a bit and I began to string  a few fish together, but it didn't last, foulers.Soon became a problem again, it's all in the feeding,   and I got it wrong today that's for sure.
So I went across into the shallow water, and again had a steady run of fish, its.certainly interesting.watching a.fish with its back out of the water heading towards the hookbait, sometimes.they take it and sometimes they  don't,
I came back in into the line I had been feeding 5 foot off the bank, and had a couple of fish from that aswell, but it was too slow, I saw a tail pattern down the edge so dropped  the rig in and caught straight away, but it didn't last to long, after several fish, it went quiet, not surprised really as it's normally a.last hour job down the edge, so back across to the far side for a few more mud muggers,
I started feeding some pellets at the end of my nets with about two hours to go, it began fizzing very quickly, and to be honest all other lines were binned, apart from the topset line in front of my nets and left hand margin, the last couple of hours went very quickly, as I was catching from both lines, the match finished to soon for me as the peg was really strong towards the end, I thought I had 160lb plus, but with a few others catching well it was hard to call, Mike hill was first to weigh on peg 1, and had 166lb, well done to him, also on peg 37 d turberville had 160, and with tom(I can't lie straight in bed ) thick admitting to 150 it was all to play for, but I had enough as my nets went 179lb


, which was enough on the day, it's fished really well, especially as it's one of the biggest Tuesday matches of the year.
The weigh sheets below show how well it fished, some people struggled but it's the same on  every venue.

Off to the river wye.tomorrow with Judith to try and catch some barbel, but with the river low and clear, I think it may be a bit tough. Also dog permitting,

No comments:

Post a Comment