Total Pageviews

Sunday 15 July 2018

Short pole series rnd 2

Down to Chilton trinity for this match, never manic as far as the carp go. But always interesting and very fair, also being deep close in, it makes an ideal short pole venue, Judith came with me today, which is always good .after picking Jason up it was off to lillypool for breakfast, and it was very nice to, 4.65.
Plenty of time.to get to the fishery, arriving at about 9.10 , met by Tom who was on kettle duty, soon joined by his better half misha and daughter lily, a nicer family you would struggle to find.
Soon got the draw underway and I let Lily draw mine and she handed me 25, I would have preferred the other end of the lake, but it wasn't to be. For company I had Fred wojtyla on 24 , good to see a young angler on the bank, and I know Clint will do his best to make sure he does well . To my left on 26 was travelling partner Jason Radford, and as I said it's a fair venue and difficult to call so I am always happy whichever peg I,m on.
I was soon set up, a margin rig for each side to fish 8mm pellet over hard 6,s, and two more pellet rigs for 6 mtrs , one shallow and one for on the deck, nice and simple, but with a limit as to how far you can fish I  doesn't pay.to have to many options.
On the whistle I started out on the limit with the shallow rig, as sometimes.a couple.of early fish can be snared with the shallow rig, and I did hook one after  about 5 minutes, but for some reason it came.off a short while into the fight, such is life, I have it another 20 minutes shallow , but to no avail, so I went out on the deck over the same line, and was soon playing a.carp.which was safely netted.
Jason by now had a couple shallow, but it wasn't really happening for me, so I had to keep.playing around , trying shallow then deep just trying to to get odd fish, and I did , but it was never enough to keep up with Joe mcmahon, Vince and Ryan shipp keeping up the families good name, also Glen Bailey who I couldn't see but was getting some on his favourite paste rig, the margins didn't show any.life until towards the end when I had a couple down the left hand side.

Which included the biggest fish I had , probably.approaching 12lb,   most of the fish in the lake seem to have.grown on a bit with a good average.size, I only.ended up with 9 carp but but they went 80.15.
Top.weight today went to Glen Bailey with 116.lb  off peg 31, as I said paste was his favoured, (as always lol)method so well done matey. Dumping me.out of the knockout.
Glen Just managing to hold off the shipp threat in the shape of Ryan who was on 27 with 111lb, with Joe mcmahon being third on peg 8 with 110lb, it was a close match with 3 more.weights over 100lb and 93lb was sixth, close and fair, good to see.
The silvers.were.won by the old Silverfox himself , Mike nicholls on 19 with 28.7 of mainly whitebait, just how he likes it.
 just edging out the mosella supremo Vic Bush on peg 11 with 27lb of mainly.skimmers,

 so well done to those two aswell, a nice days fishing for most.As the weigh sheets below show, and the weather was lovely.aswell, not to   hot as a bit of a stiff breeze  sprang up in the second half of the match, keeping us cool.

Next Sunday it is the Shiplate round of the float only.league , just to let people know mark Jones won't be on site doing breakfasts, so make  other arrangements .

No comments:

Post a Comment