Total Pageviews

Sunday 22 July 2018

Float only league rnd 4

Shiplate farm for this one, all lakes including the squircle, but first things first, breakfast, back to lillypool again today, and I wasn't disappointed either, so I will give it a 4.75, it was very good.
Got to the fishery in plenty of time, good to see steve has done a really good job on the fishery, trimming most of the bushes and trees back so all parts of the swims were fishable.
Got the draw underway on time, and I let John white draw for me as we always have a "friendly" quid, he had drawn 9 on the squircle,  and then he handed me 15 on west pool, the longest walk on the fishery, and probably the longest walk we have on any of our fisheries we use, 58 on Landsend is probably further, but it's always that bit easier walking to a good peg. Got to my peg with and hour to get ready, plenty of time. It's the end peg on the lake so for company I had Mark  "podge" Jefferies on 13, and I had to look at the back of Lee Williams on peg 15 on the main lake.
Rigs today were all pellets affairs, one for each side margins, to the right it was ten inches deep, and to the left it was 18 inches deep, a rig for the bottom of the nearside shelf slightly to the right, a rig to fish the end bank to my left, a rig for tight to the far side on the deck and a shallow stalking rig,
At the start I began on the deck rig slightly to  my right, whilst feeding all other lines, I had a skimmer quite quickly, then I saw a.tail pattern to my right in the shallow water, so dropped the margin rig in and soon had a 4 pounder attached to the end, that was the last action I had from either margin, I could see off fish moving in and out of each margin, but they didn't want.to stop and feed, also each far side on the deck swims.only produced a couple of squeekers, I spent 90% of the match with the shallow stalking rig, either lifting and dropping against the far bank or.trying to mug a cruiser as it went through, I used a .2g  drennan inline dibber for the first time today, and it was good, so will be getting some more for sure, there were plenty of fish about But they weren't to keen on giving  themselves up, by the end of the match I had clicked over.100lb , but I tend to over.click a bit, so I thought I had about 85, catching half against the far side and the rest mugged, mainly.small fish between a pound and 3 but with a couple of better fish to 9lb,all the better fish fell to the mugging approach., As far.as.I could tell I had won my.section and possibly The lake, I was last.to weigh in on the lake,.and.Mark jones.was.winning the section with 76lb, on peg 10 and Tom mangnal, on 7 was top on the lake with 89lb, my two nets went 110lb so that was ok then, the section win I needed to keep me in with any.sort.of shout.

The lakes.fished really.well with 14 weights over.100lb, and Gabe skarba on peg 2 on the main lake.running out an easy winner with 216lb, catching mainly against the island on banded pellet well done matey. Lee(I may have 100lb ) Williams on 15 main lake.was.second with 177lb, and Shaun Townsend on 13 Hawthorn had 156lb.
Lee also had the top silvers.weight with 31lb of skimmers, all on meat whilst fishing short for carp, nice.
As normal the weigh sheets are below, apart from West pool sheet, as I forgot to get a pic., Must say that was probably the hottest conditions I have fished in this year, been in the sun all day with no breeze, stifling don't really do it justice, it was.over 30c , Dave white had to leave early on 12 suffering heatstroke, it was bordering on painful, I drank 2 1/2 litres of water.during the match, and had to take some Nurofen with an hour to go as my.head was starting to bang.



No comments:

Post a Comment