Total Pageviews

Sunday 1 July 2018

Float only rnd 3 Todber manor

Full house today with 40 fishing, so after a nice breakfast at cannards well 4.25. It was off for the 45 minute drive to the fishery, got there in plentry of time, fearing the worst as far as the weather forecast as they were giving 29c and Sun for the most part of the day, but they got it wrong as it was mainly cloudy all day and a brisk easterly helped keep it cool, nice.
I got Shawn kitteridge to draw for me and he handed me 77 on homeground, for company I had Paul elmes on 76 , the corner with the wind blowing into it, and Neil Mercer on 78, Neil asked for a pound side bet, rude not to really, and the rest of my section was taken up by Lee (woolavy) Williams on 79 and Adrian Jeffery on 80. Luckily for us the inform trig Edmunds was first peg in the next section on 81, but he would have  a fight on his hands as Dan white was first peg around the corner on 82.
4 rigs today, a shallow and deep pellet rig for 11 and 5 mtrs, a meat rig for 4 mtrs about halfway up the inside shelf, and a rig for pellet in the margin,
As you can imagine the banter was flowing all day along our bank, and some of it was harsh, but it was enjoyable.
I started on the deck at 11mtrs, and caught quite early, but after a while the bites went iffy , liners, so out on the shallow rig, caught some on that, as did niel, Paul was catching on the deck, Lee and Adrian seemed to be struggling, trig on the end was catching stocky carp regularly, I had a few shallow but it never seemed right, so back on the deck, switching between the 11&5 mtr line, Paul on my right was winning the section with about 2 hours to go, but then the wind picked up and some fish turned up in my left hand margin, and I had a nice  run of fish to 16lb, Neil had not fished the margin till now, but seeing me catch he was soon in there aswell, and with the pegs being quite right it was always going to effect one of us, and unfortunately it was me that stopped catching, and to make matters worse I could hear Paul putting a few late fish together, I only had two fish in the last 35 minutes, so at the end I thought Paul would win the section, and he did with 137lb, so well done matey, I was close with 136lb, but as I thought the last 30 minutes cost me dear.

Niel to my left ended up with 109lb, so the pound was mine, the picture below is him when the realisation of losing a pound hit home, the look on his face is one of a person that has had to give one of his kids away, LOL
The peg to peg battle between trig and Dan was good, but as you would expect trig came out on top with 179lb to dans 162, trig is on a right roll, he's doing it everywhere at the mo, so fair play to him, keep it going matey, oh and did I mention he won the match AGAIN, that is three wins in the first three matches in the series, I may buy him a learn origami set to see if I can tempt him away from fishing, ha ha .
As a whole the venue fished really , with 17 weights over one hundred pounds, with over a ton needed to win each section of 5, weigh sheets below.

No comments:

Post a Comment